IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

2 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

Thanks one of the problems is how many audiophiles have amps quiet enough to hear 17-18 bits at low volumes? 

Amazon has 50 million tracks at CD quality that should rival Tidal's.

And those two points I think work together: most of us here (not your typical Spotify user) want no lower than CD quality; and, if it happens that there is a higher-res version, then stream that instead please. So, a huge CD-quality catalog with a “pretty good” high-res (or “Ultra HD” in this case) catalog, makes for a compelling choice over an MQA-based service (TIDAL) or a limited catalog service (US-beta Qobuz). 

• 5 months later...

Hi, I didn’t want to pollute the “Qobuz Issues” thread so I thought this was a good place to post this:

While manually copying some of my favorites over to Qobuz from TIDAL I’m noticing that a lot of recent pop albums that are listed as MQA in TIDAL and are 24/44.1 before decoded/unfolded can be found as Hi-Res in Qobuz but at the same 24/44.1 bit/sr values. 

Is this like the thing we saw with 2L: the studios are sending Qobuz the same MQA version of these albums they send to TIDAL, and Qobuz is listing them as Hi-Res? If so, the MQA crap is encoded in these tracks, so would the Redbook versions be better?

• 1 year later...