IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

My hope, for the sake of the music, is that the studios that are buying in to MQA are not archiving music as MQA masters. Hopefully they are archiving their music as high end digital masters.  When the next big " Wonder System" comes along, hopefully they will have archived masters that have not been damaged by MQA processing.

I would assume that the people that are running the studios are not stupid enough to archive music on a lossy system, but you never know.  A number of historical masters were destroyed in the past to make room in the vaults.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

17 minutes ago, FredericV said:

Percentage batch encoded?
Percentage approved by a real mastering engineer (not some MQA batch processor) ?
Percentage white glove?

I would guess the first number converges to 100%

Would all 100,000 turn on the magical blue light?

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

4 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Besides crenca's post, I will point out that one simply does not need "personal experience" to understand some things.

as one example, no scientist has  "personal experience" with mars, yet we understand quite a bit about it

but don't let me interrupt your idiotic claims Lee - you are reducing your credibility at a rapid rate

Credibility?

He's promoting MQA!

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

49 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Does anyone understand MQA's technobabble?

I think that the only person that could have understood MQA's technobabble is Professor Irwin Corey, The World's Foremost Authority.  But, sadly, he has passed away.

Perhaps Bob Stuart could take his place on the entertainment circuit.  It would probably be more profitable than Meridian.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

4 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

The studio guys in the United States don't seem upset with what I'm going or what is going on here. Personally, I have the support of a lot high profile industry figures and the Grammy people distributed the original vaporware post. It's pretty easy find me if you have objections or concerns.  The only consistent concern I've gotten is I'm hurting the audio press by doing the investigative work they should have done from the audio press of course. Guess what I don't care. I told Andrew Quint when he said you can't blame us for everything, we're certainly going to try in 2018. Maybe 2019 should be the year to start criticizing reviewers? Archimago has gotten a good start in the wraparound part of the year (PGA Tour term). 

Barry Diament will come back. I'll ask him when the time is right.

Personal attacks and insults worked like a charm in 2017. And are doing pretty well in 2018.  There is clear path where people and companies can play in without interference. They seem to be moving in that direction.

I would think that studio guys would be particularly upset with MQA in that MQA claims that the "Magic Formula" in MQA does a better job in mastering music.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

Mentioning the employer is going way over the line.  This is the third time this has happened.  I am considering leaving the forum.

With regards to a previous post, I have no direct financial connection to MQA, Meridian, Bob Stuart, or any of the principals of MQA or their subsidiary businesses.  The only financial connection I have with MQA is the additional cost I would have to pay for anything that had to pay royalties to MQA.  My primary concern with MQA is the damage done to music.

You have stated previously that your only connection to MQA is your love for music, which is truly noble.  I salute you!

With regards to the previous quote, I never mentioned any name.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook