IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

50 minutes ago, mav52 said:

I tell ya Chris I have had the service for a while, of course I use it for more than music listening, sports, news etc.. and each year you got to fight with these high prices renewal fees,  I just tell them, I'll pay my $75 a year or I'll walk away and since 2013 I still pay the same price.

I hate the sound quality. The better the audio system, the worse it sounds.  Still, the programming for the music stations blows away virtually anything on terrestrial radio, and there's a lot to choose from. I wonder what holds it back on the sound quality front.  Is it just out of date hardware sitting up on those satellites? I notice that some stations sound better than others, and I'm curious what the maximum potential for sound quality is. As for price, I'm the same as you. Renewing every year feels a lot like haggling with a rug merchant on the streets of Morocco.  But every year I still agonize over whether it's worth renewing. Now Radio Paradise lets you cache many hours of music, even in FLAC if you so wish. With Apple Car Play, the access to that music is super easy. The sound quality is so much better. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/10/2021 at 10:43 AM, KeenObserver said:

Well, if I was ever considering subscribing to Tidal, I certainly would not be considering it now!

And I certainly would be cancelling my subscription to Tidal now!

I simply refuse the contaminated brandy!

Good luck trying to "cancel" Tidal. I  "cancelled" my subscription in July of 2019. Suddenly last Friday, I see a PayPal notification that "I had sent a payment to Tidal".  Huh?? Contacted Tidal support and explained what happened. It took till Wednesday for a reply, and of course, they take no responsibility, just referring me to their TOS, claiming someone must have had unauthorized access to my account. And of course a refund wasn't going to come from them.  And here I thought "cancel" meant "cancel". Maybe this is SOP for streaming services, but wouldn't it make sense to at least send an email requiring confirmation of account reactivation before charging the account? Or how about just requiring re-registration to reactivate an account? 

13 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

How about an email confirming online cancellation of the account? I was left guessing.

I quit Tidal Christmas day and so far, so good, but I'm checking CC bill for Tidal for a while. Sorry for your pain...

See if you can unlink your CC bill account from Tidal. PayPal did that for me. That way, they have no further access to your account.  Customer service at Tidal support is limited to emails, and they take 3 days to respond. No phone support. I can't even change the password now without first getting an email link from them.