IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, knickerhawk said:

Have you heard what the cost will be for the Sublime subscription with HiRes streaming when it becomes available in the US? Based on the UK pricing, it looks like it will be considerably more expensive than Tidal.

It is not the same product.

2 hours ago, Brinkman Ship said:

So if take at face value all of the information above is correct, why have I not read about any of this in Stereophile or The Absolute Sound, or DAR, or Audiostream?

Because these magazines report on what they are given by the industry. There is no investigative journalism, technical research or perspective. Because of that, you as the reader has to take things as face value. If you need the education, do the research yourself or use forums like CA. Bear in mind that most of these magazines lack real understanding of digital technologies, computer audio, math and algorithms.  

• 4 months later...
27 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Hi,

I thought MQA was presented to the AES and no one in the AES applied due diligence as the engineers on this site have. They just endorsed the system.

Given this, i do not see the AES as a professional organisation. More of a club for people presenting ideas, good and bad, true or false.

If the MQA paper had been presented to the IEEE or IET - it will have been severely criticised for what it is.

Regards,

Shadders.

You will be surprised how many papers are submitted. AES members can view these papers as is. It is not a place to validate, comment or reanalyze the paper. I haven't seen any endorsement by the AES to anything MQA. Besides the paper by Stuart / Craven and the recent McGill study, there is nothing about MQA being published.

• 8 months later...
8 hours ago, Lee Scoggins said:

What becomes problematic is when more recent albums are done in "midrez" Pro Tools which many industry people have stupidly adopted out of laziness/deafness.  Some supposed hirez files are just upsamples on these shitty masters.

No. There is nothing wrong with Pro Tools. It's how you use it.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Em2016 said:

@The Computer Audiophile an interesting chat here with Roon's Rob Darling...

Listen from 45mins... he says all the streaming services will have a high quality streaming tier and "it will end up being up being MQA..."

https://www.audiostream.com/content/rob-darling-roon-labs-audiostream-podcast-no6

Closed, proprietary, end to end, ecosystem, control, restrictions, etc.. I guess MQA model works for Roon as well. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, new_media said:

Of course no mention of the fact that you don't get full CD resolution from a regular CD player. I will never buy an MQA CD.

Is there a stock reply I can use to complain about this? Did anyone send a compliant to a label before?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...