IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

https://www.lcnewschronicle.com/news/1995573-company-steps-attacks-fiber-plan

It happens here in Minnesota as well.  You legal types can read the complaint filed against Lake County MN at the link as well by MediaCom about why they don't think they should have any competition.

An update:  2017

http://www.startribune.com/lee-schafer-county-looks-for-exit-on-broadband-project/431591253/

No electron left behind.

4 hours ago, garrardguy60 said:

I can guess that someone might get more takers, among friends and dates, to get them to come over and watch a movie on a nice home theater setup than they would inviting them to listen to vinyl.

I asked my now wife, then GF, over to listen to an artist on vinyl that we had missed in concert due to work schedules...

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

the Denver airport is not in Denver, hence the name KIA

Want to know a secret?  I wasn’t at the Denver airport. I was at Centennial. But no one knows where that is. 

second Denver International is KDEN

Third, KKIA is not an airport I can find in the US. 

No electron left behind.

• 6 months later...
On 3/20/2020 at 1:32 AM, FredericV said:

In Belgium, we still have full speed, and this is the typical speed we are getting, and the data is unlimited.

afbeelding.png.c1456338bb5f9f179abbe98e28243f23.png

Homework is now mandatory when the job can be done remotely, and still the country has no internet outages. The data is more distributed over the whole day, while before the peaks were when most people came home. It's actually flatten the curve, but applied to the bandwidth usage over the day.

So in Belgium, MQA is not even need to have to stream hi-res.

afbeelding.png.7ccc2a2d5a55e3d6a2451d78da83ff1f.png

In these drastic times, ISP's who ripped people off by extreme overbooking, will now need to take more countermeasurements and capacity upgrades will happen much sooner. Even before corona, friends in the hifi industry (hifi press) publically complained their ISP had such a low upload speed it was unworkable. They would drive to public wifi places just to get their job done.

With corona and the forced stay home, those ISP's are now completely saturated, and MQA is not a solution to this problem as nothing works well. ISP's will now make quantum leaps during & after corona, so this never happens again.

Quantum leaps in bandwidth which expire the shelf life of MQA's compression benefit, which could also be done with flac entropy optimizations.

Thats not an issue on fiber connections, only on old fashioned copper which most are still on here in the US.

No electron left behind.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wow, alternative facts. 

When most people don't even care, you can say pretty much anything you want. I guarantee I could talk to most of the people I know about this and their eyes would gloss over before they walked away. Their only concern is does sound that vaguely resembles music come out of whatever when they hit play? Good, done.

No electron left behind.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Abtr said:

I know how USB works and I know the bits are bits discussion. I agree that bits are not just bits in this context. Streamer hardware (especially computers) can be very noisy and some of this electrical noise may audibly end up in the analog stage of a USB DAC. However, using *the exact same streamer and DAC*, I don’t think anyone can demonstrate that streaming bits from a Tidal server sounds different (or worse) than streaming the same bits from a Qobuz server. But again, this is off topic and has nothing to do with MQA.

Well... I can hear the difference, easily and immediately, on a range of equipment from a Schiit Modi Multibit and a RPi4 to a Lampizator Pacific and a Sonore Signature Rendu Optical SE, using any software, or connected in any way, even direct to my desktop via USB.

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, JoeWhip said:

The sound from my Yggy via USB improved significantly when I upgraded the USB card from Gen 5 to Unison. Criminey, it got better from the original Gen 3 card to Gen 5. Tge laptop and usb cable remained constant.

unpossible, the bits are bits... 

/s

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...