IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

Im sat here comparing a Meridian Ultra DAC through Wilsons and an 818v3 through same and also Meridian speakers. MQA is great, I suspect you need fast/highbandwidth amps(whatever they are) as per the new Meridian power amps and the SE speaker amps (same thing) to get the full effect. Nice to discuss what's needed along those lines (are valve amps fast?) and what other factors affect the full appreciation. Excuse my language but chat about that would be much more interesting than the eternal (Crenca) bitching that goes on here... Back to the listening... Tracks vary significantly in how much improvement MQA brings, why is that? Sorry to interrupt the bitching. Back to it lads!

This is one of hundreds of active threads here. I admit there might be a "car crash" effect going on here: Even disinterested people will slow down and gawk.

But I'm not buying that this back-and-forth is really offensive to the delicate sensibilities of some here. If it was spilling into other threads, I would understand. I think a lot of the complaints of incivility (excepting of course the principals in the debate, which I am not one :-) are proxies for something else.

I use "what's new" to see what going on, it gets tiresome when it's bitching rather than hifi. Delicate sensibilities? Yawn, this is just boring, offensive might be more interesting. Egos? Not so interesting.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
4 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

we are going to keep the pressure on MQA and see what breaks. And I want it crystal clear to anyone considering streaming MQA that there will be bad publicity at their launch

Wow, a lot of hate there. Thanks goodness there's some people out there protecting the public against this evil. Any other evils you lot conspire against?

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, John Dyson said:

it is more of an issue that those who are technically competent know what the MQA thing is going to lead to if it is universally adopted

19 hours ago, John Dyson said:

The mumbo-jumbo being espoused by the advocacy should be considered either specious or manipulative.

Nice balanced view there thanks, soothsayers and know alls. Opinion.

9 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

As others have stated, this is the thread that keeps on giving. I can see the MQA supporters huddling now. 

“OK your turn.”

”Hell no, you first.”

”Alright send the new guy in to defend MQA.”

I see it exactly the other way (on fora in general), "they" take it in turns to bash MQA, send someone over to Roon, keep that thread alive (MQA hate). As much is said here "maybe the other fora need NEW members". To me, it's a conspiracy against MQA. Nothing new comes out but it's just re-hashed for the purpose of the Campaign. 

Sorry, what Lee says has nothing to do with MQA being a scam or not. There's no logic there. For me MQA isn't a "scam". I have a different understanding of the word. 

So if Lee said something different, MQA wouldn't be a scam? This sort of thing is the reason the debate has become what it has.