IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

Since the topic of this thread is a discussion/debate on whether MQA is "vaporware", the actions of de facto marketing agents is actually on topic.

I stand corrected. But I do think the exchanges with Michael Lavorgna were unhelpful in the nasty tone that was taken. Some of the criticisms were put very bluntly and I think excessively. It became pretty uncivil in my opinion. In the form it was taking it wasn't going anywhere but down the drain.

I encourage Mr. Lavorgna to participate in this thread: Audiophile Ethernet

But realistically there isn't going to be a well thought out counterpoint coming on any of this (MQA, Ethernet, or otherwise) from him so the fears of this thread really going off on a tangent due to participation by him are slim to none IMO. My observation is he as an inability to actually hold an above board conversation.

Point taken. Not sure I agree entirely. I think your posts can come off as pretty confrontational and aggressive at times , as well as several others who posted here. All good contributors, but it was clear to me this was driven by some animus and there seems to be the desire to give Michael a beat down. He's perfectly able to stand up for himself, but I just didn't think this was going to go anywhere because of all involved, not just Michael.

I may be wrong.

I'd like to thank Chris for his patience in allowing me to respond here. This 'discussion' has devolved to the point of no return as far as I can tell so I'm bowing out.

If anyone here has a question they'd like answered, send me an email.

Cheers,

Sorry this devolved, Michael. I wonder if you would have been given a fair chance even if you had replied more amicably?

It's because I'll badger a person to either actually construct a point they are trying to make or it will make them exit the thread.

You're no daisy yourself.

To badger is to "ask (someone) repeatedly and annoyingly for something; pester". synonyms: "pester, harass, bother, plague, torment, hound, nag, harry, tease". Is this your intention? BTW, do NOT mess with a badger ;)

4c2ba1ac432eaddfb1f504f7365ef2d2.jpg

Well, I am not your survey/marketing dept. You would have to spend some time here and other forums that are relatively free of onerous censoring/banning ;) If you and/or your publication were to survey the "regulars" around here (say, all those with 100 or 200 + posts and who are clearly "audiophiles") you would find that most only read your publications to be informed of the existence of new gear (i.e. they don't really "read" it), largely ignore the details of your reviews, and have a large and substantial distrust of your work and methods. You would find your approval ratings to be below congress!

This seems largely anecdotal based on your own experience, including your own biases. Michael has articulated his often-subjective perspective over the years. John Darko has as well. Also look at how Chris Connaker evaluates gear--- subjective listening is an important part of all of their approaches --not with DBT, and over a good stretch of time. Tyll Hertsens is very interested in objective test and measurement, but in the end subjective listening is very important for him as well, and he cannot always explain differences btw test results and subjective listening. He holds the 2 in tension. Michael does not regularly ignore the technical side of things in his reviews, and digs in to try understand and explain these. Certainly not to everyone's satisfaction how unusual is that?), but he is very clear about his preference for subjectivity. I'm ok with that. I think there may be many others here at CA that are ok with it as well. Obviously there are plenty who are not and plenty of audiophiles who are not. That's fine and strong disagreement is fine with me. But I wish we could stick to the issues rather than making the personalities the issue. I just don't think that will be productive. Just my opinion.

Where?

Supposing truth is a woman—what then? Are there not grounds for the suspicion that all philosophers, insofar as they were dogmatists, have been very inexpert about women? that the gruesome seriousness, the clumsy obtrusiveness with which they have usually approached truth so far have been awkward and very improper methods for winning a woman's heart?

The audio market does not have to be split into music lovers, professionals and audiophiles, if we can all accept one important truth: vaporware is here to stay and is an essential component for the full appreciation of MQA. Meet the Herbalizer, one of the best of the desktop components:

HBZ-16-10-MG-003-sh_c_1024x1024.png

And, of course, the Digital Volcano:

Digit_Fahrenheit.png

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...