IGNORED

Streamer with native Tidal (MiND 180 or...)

HiFiOutlaw

Hi all,

Have a nice 2017 all!

I've got a Synology NAS DS213 (2x4tb) that I use at the present moment as a streamer connected to my Auralic Vega DAC though a USB cable and the DS Audio app in my ipad air.

For Tidal I stream from the iPad to Apple TV2 using airplay, atv is then connected though optical to the Vega. The results are very good, my internet service is fast enough, but when the kids are at home (3) all using their ithing streaming videos and misic from Youtube and similar services (tidal, spotify you name it). The older plays League of Legends (sucking up a great shear of wi-fi resources) causing contant dropouts on my Tidal playing in the leaving room, sometimes even playing from the NAS (only with hi-res play back)

My question is: Is there a streamer besides Moon MiND 180 with native Tidal?

I do NOT NEED A NEW DAC, so only streaming duties please...

Stereo

Rega RP6/Goldring Elite MC > Clearaudio Basic +

Synology NAS 213 > AURALIC Vega DAC

Pathos Classic ONE mkIII > Inakustik LS 1108 > Dynaudio Excite X12

AV

Samsung UE60KS7000 > Panasonic UB900 > Yamaha RX V775 > Dynaudio excite X22 > MA BFX > BK XLS 200 MkIII

Hi all,

Have a nice 2017 all!

I've got a Synology NAS DS213 (2x4tb) that I use at the present moment as a streamer connected to my Auralic Vega DAC though a USB cable and the DS Audio app in my ipad air.

For Tidal I stream from the iPad to Apple TV2 using airplay, atv is then connected though optical to the Vega. The results are very good, my internet service is fast enough, but when the kids are at home (3) all using their ithing streaming videos and misic from Youtube and similar services (tidal, spotify you name it). The older plays League of Legends (sucking up a great shear of wi-fi resources) causing contant dropouts on my Tidal playing in the leaving room, sometimes even playing from the NAS (only with hi-res play back)

I think you should be able to work with synology apps to stream directly from the NAS to the Apple via ethernet. This should help. Could you check if you can do it calling your DS Audio app?

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/87489-setting-up-synology-nas-media-services-with-apple-tv

Hi Mike, thanks for jumping in, but sorry for the ignorance, but connecting my atv to the NAS how is that suppose to help in my case?

I already use DS Audio app to stream to my Auralic Vega DAC, but neither the Synology or ATV2 have native Tidal. I just want something with native Tidal ( streaming abilities will be welcome) but the main thing is to avoid wi-fi streaming.

Stereo

AV

Samsung UE60KS7000 > Panasonic UB900 > Yamaha RX V775 > Dynaudio excite X22 > MA BFX > BK XLS 200 MkIII

Hi Mike, thanks for jumping in, but sorry for the ignorance, but connecting my atv to the NAS how is that suppose to help in my case?

I already use DS Audio app to stream to my Auralic Vega DAC, but neither the Synology or ATV2 have native Tidal. I just want something with native Tidal ( streaming abilities will be welcome) but the main thing is to avoid wi-fi streaming.

Hi! By streaming via ethernet instead of wifi it's not impacted by wifi usage. Ethernet is to be preferred anyway for stability reason.

At home I can investigate further...hopefully we can find a app that can stream Tidal.

Hi! By streaming via ethernet instead of wifi it's not impacted by wifi usage. Ethernet is to be preferred anyway for stability reason.

At home I can investigate further...hopefully we can find a app that can stream Tidal.

Ok, thanks for the help! I'm no computer geek but I can manage myself some times...

Stereo

AV

The 180 MiND streamer should be good for DSD64 via DSD over PCM (DoP), if you attach a DSD DAC that can accept DoP via one of the streamer's digital outputs. You'll also need to use a UPnP/DLNA media server that can transcode the DSD files to DoP, such as the excellent MinimServer.

MinimServer's optional MinimStreamer transcoder can stream DoP as WAV (dopwav) set to 24/176.4 kHz for DSD64, which the 180 MiND should have no issues playing, as it would appear to it as a 'normal' WAV file. Unfortunately, the 180 MiND being limited to playing 24/196 kHz WAV files won't be able to accept DSD128 over PCM files as they would need to be set to 24/352.8 kHz.

We will win because our NHS is the beating heart of this country. It is the best of this country. It is unconquerable. It is powered by love.

-- Boris Johnson

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

The 180 MiND streamer should be good for DSD64 via DSD over PCM, if you attach a DSD DAC that can accept DoP via one of the streamer's digital outputs. You'll also need to use a UPnP/DLNA media server that can transcode the DSD files to DoP, such as the excellent MinimServer. MinimServer's optional MinimStreamer transcoder can stream DoP as WAV (dopwav) set to 24/176.4kHz for DSD64, which the 180 MiND should have no issues playing, as it would appear to it as a 'normal' WAV file.

Thanks Cebolla, I thought the lack of a USB output would make it impossible for DSD, but apparently it's not. Great advice!

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

In another forum someone post this link to Tidal, there are a bunch of brands and models...

Even the cheap Chromecast Audio.

http://tidal.com/us/download

Stereo

AV

Hi Cebolla, all I have is in my signature plus the atv2. I've heard about the minimserver but never found it on the package center on my Synology NAD, can you please explain to me how to intal the minimserver in my NAS?

My music library is 85% Flac files and 15% Hi-Res (24-96 / 192) no DSD or DXD.

Can you please down grade your post just a bit? :)

Stereo

AV

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Synology NASs but there are some reasonably straight forward installation instructions on MinimServer's own website. Just make sure you follow the correct procedure for your model!

Installing MinimServer on a Synology NAS

Incidentally, I hope you're not thinking MinimServer is some of kind of music file player software, because it isn't. It is just a decent audio file dedicated UPnP/DLNA media server, used by UPnP/DLNA network file players (aka renderers aka streamers), such as the MiND 180 (& the Yamaha RX V775 in your sig), to provide them with the audio files over the network from its media library. It doesn't even provide TIDAL support, so apologies for going a bit off topic by mentioning it in my last post!

Having said that, if you do follow the instructions to install MinimServer, you'll notice that it also requires you (and gives you instructions) to install the Java Runtime. This makes it very interesting with regards TIDAL support, because the BubbleUPnP Server helper application can be used to provide TIDAL access to standard UPnP/DLNA renderers (ie, like your existing Yamaha RX V775 streamer - so possibly no need for a new one :)) and it also requires the Java Runtime to be installed:

https://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver/#synology_install

We will win because our NHS is the beating heart of this country. It is the best of this country. It is unconquerable. It is powered by love.

-- Boris Johnson

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Synology NASs but there are some reasonably straight forward installation instructions on MinimServer's own website. Just make sure you follow the correct procedure for your model!

Installing MinimServer on a Synology NAS

Incidentally, I hope you're not thinking MinimServer is some of kind of music file player software, because it isn't. It is just a decent audio file dedicated UPnP/DLNA media server, used by UPnP/DLNA network file players (aka renderers aka streamers), such as the MiND 180 (& the Yamaha RX V775 in your sig), to provide them with the audio files over the network from its media library. It doesn't even provide TIDAL support, so apologies for going a bit off topic by mentioning it in my last post!

Having said that, if you do follow the instructions to install MinimServer, you'll notice that it also requires you (and gives you instructions) to install the Java Runtime. This makes it very interesting with regards TIDAL support, because the BubbleUPnP Server helper application can be used to provide TIDAL access to standard UPnP/DLNA renderers (ie, like your existing Yamaha RX V775 streamer - so possibly no need for a new one :)) and it also requires the Java Runtime to be installed:

https://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver/#synology_install

Thanks for the post! Yes I know that minimserver is just a UPnP/DLNA program, but if I want to play DSD filles I need it in my NAS.

Regarding the Yamaha I did try the it as a streamer but the soud quality was much Worth that my Strereo gear.

For now i'm good, and I will dig a little bit more in the "servers world".

Thanks

Stereo

AV

Hi all,

Have a nice 2017 all!

Aurender has a full line of streamers that escalate in price and that are all Tidal enabled through the tablet based Aurender app. I have a subscription to Tidal through the Aurender app. As far as I know, Aurender only has one device that doubles as a streamer and a DAC - therefore you have a perry wide choice within their product line. In my view, there is little to no difference in SQ detween the Aurender devices. The difference lies in connectivity, with the less expensive models being only USB connected and the more expensive models allowing a pretty well near universal connectivity.

Music Server(s): Aurender N100H, Digital to Analog Converter(s): Audio Research DAC 8, Digital to Digital Converter: Bryston BUC-1, Preamplifier: Ayre K-5xeMP, Amplifier(s): Ayre V-5xe, Loudspeakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2, Interconnects: Kimber PBJ, Cardas Clear, Bryston AES/EBU, Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber PR8, Miscellaneous: Oppo BDP 95 disk player, CJ Walker turntable Jelco SA-750D tone arm, Ortofon 2M black cartridge, Magnum Dynalab tuner, Dream System: I've got it!, Headphones: Sennheiser HD600, Grado PS500e, Headphone Amplifier(s):Graham Slee Novo