IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

16 minutes ago, elan120 said:

Just curious, did you not get the Elite version?

@elan120 and @matthias, sorry the price was $750.  I did get the Elite version.

Apparently I didn’t have enough cofffee this morning😁

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

1 minute ago, Blake said:

@elan120 and @matthias, sorry the price was $750.  I did get the Elite version.

Apparently I didn’t have enough cofffee this morning😁

Thanks,

unfortunately the HP of Sablon is not up-to-date and there seems to be no further info on the internet.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

2 hours ago, bodiebill said:

I made this in preparation for the Denafrips Terminator that I expect to receive in a few days. 

usb split cable.jpg

My Terminator arrived last week.  You are in for a real treat!

Due to high demand and coronavirus, mine took about 3 months to build and ship,

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

4 minutes ago, LTG2010 said:

This was quoted as $500 on audiobacon review last month. I guess that was wrong or just a small increase in price :)

Is this the review?  If yes, that is the previous standard version.  Current offering only has one version which the standard length is 1.2 meter at $750.

5 minutes ago, elan120 said:

Is this the review?  If yes, that is the previous standard version.  Current offering only has one version which the standard length is 1.2 meter at $750.

Yes that's what I was thinking of and its a year old not one month. Thanks for the clarification.

Has anyone tried the ERed-dock yet?

I was wondering if i can use it from my NUC ? From the port to the ERed.

I was waiting to see it it got any traction, but if you can do a little basic soldering the initial set up in a case seems doable...

Break away from the usb chain using Euphony..

Cheers

Dave.

Thank you  Jean Michael, it was your excellent report that made me ask if any more experienced here have tried it. 

I've been so invested in a USB chain i am nervous about trying something different.  Plus have the cash....

Good luck

Dave😀

I wanted to give it a shot here on my end but it was a hard pillow to swallow without AudioLinux as a renderer. I wouldn't be able to use HQPLAYER for upsampling.

Thinking of purchasing it anyway to try next month with JPLAY FEMTO so I'll report back then.

٩(●̮̃•)۶ Carbon (NET)  EtherRegen (NET)  Carbyne (USB)  Terminator-Plus (XLR)  β22 (XLR)  Diana TC (ง'-')ง

=  ︿  = 

Nice find Nenon.

For those wondering, It's an optical USB cable with optional USB 2.0 Micro-B input for 5V Power.

The optical part adds jitter but the jitter must be minuscule compared to what is gained from blocking out server noise.

It would be interesting if the cable was shorter with Type A and Type B male for a direct connection from server to DAC. I can modify the connector ends, but the long run still bothers me as it wouldn't be a direct comparison to an audiophile USB cable (since it's shorter). However, if the idea is that it makes whatever USB cable that is used with it even better, then it should be better no matter the length.

٩(●̮̃•)۶ Carbon (NET)  EtherRegen (NET)  Carbyne (USB)  Terminator-Plus (XLR)  β22 (XLR)  Diana TC (ง'-')ง

=  ︿  = 
3 hours ago, Superdad said:

Like the Corning Optical USB cable before it, this Monoprice piece does have copper wires running its length--to power the female 'A' receiving end. So this does not provide ground isolation between devices. 

Odd that they chose to have the 5VBUS injection port at the host end. Guess that is more convenient for most typical PC users--but not necessarily ideal for audio tweaks. 9_9

The benefit of the piece is likely due to the USB signal regeneration at the receiving end. Not that it has more than a 20-cent clock in their...

He is using your LPS-1.2 with it.

"While 5V VBUS and power to the receiving module is generally provided by the server's USB port, it can be fully bypassed with a 5V battery (or in my case, an LPS-1.2) resulting in complete galvanic isolation."

8 hours ago, Middy said:

Thank you  Jean Michael, it was your excellent report that made me ask if any more experienced here have tried it. 

I've been so invested in a USB chain i am nervous about trying something different.  Plus have the cash....

Good luck

Dave😀

Note, the ERed-dock is not roon ready but they are working on it...

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

5 hours ago, ray-dude said:

On Roy's recommendation, I've been running this cable for about a month.  It is quite the gem!  I've run it with a Lush^2, USPCB, and 2020 Sablon USB cable to my Chord DAVE.  Sounds fantastic in all scenarios (effortless).

There is an added benefit of moving the digital stack far away from your DAC (I think I have the 20m version, but honestly, anything over 5m doesn't matter for me).  Also, I will be setting up my Chord TT2 on an end table next to my listening sofa, and switch USB over to it when I want to listen to headphones.  Being able to have a single digital stack is a big win for me.

Well worth a try, and also available on Amazon (for easier returns)

Hi Ray,

I thought the USB input on M-Scaler/DAVE was galvanically isolated. 

Does the use of a Uber USB cable still matter or is the USPCB just as good?

Are you powering the SlimRun USB separately?

Geoff

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

12 hours ago, Nenon said:

inexpensive Monoprice SlimRun USB 3.0 extender inserted between your DAC and computer sounds better than any USB cable

Has anyone tried using SlimRun whilst not moving the streamer/server "away" from the rest of the hifi?  I wonder if some of the gains comes simply from keeping clock carrier signals away from other system components.