Jump to content
austinpop

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/page/49/?tab=comments#comment-645953

On 3/30/2017 at 11:10 AM, romaz said:

Graphene isn't listed but it is claimed to have a conductivity 100x of copper.  Note that silver is 5% more conductive than copper and that purity matters.  UP-OCC grade purity is the purest form of silver or copper that is commercially available (guaranteed to be 99.99997% pure).

 

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/page/553/?tab=comments#comment-944985

On 4/3/2019 at 8:17 AM, dgarretson said:

The connectors are a mix of IeGo and Furutech. All soldered connections and compression fittings are coated with Perfect Path Total Contact graphene contact enhancer.

 

BTW, I've had good results with this graphene paste on the pins inside molex connectors of SOtM devices and other digital components-- though one must take care not to over-apply it at the risk of shorting the pins.

 

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/37575-how-do-teddy-pardo-psus-compare-to-the-uptone-audio-js-2-and-to-paul-hynes-sr5-and-sr7-psus/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-915681

On 1/9/2019 at 7:05 AM, Kingpin said:

It's powered by the graphene lipo which has a very very low impedance and coupled to 4 LT3045's ....😀

 

As the snake oil saga (SOS?) continues, we'll never run outta options

 

https://www.madscientist-audio.com/graphene_ce.html

https://perfectpathtechnologies.com/product/total-contact/

http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/perfectpath-technlogies-total-contact

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/new-tweak-its-fantastic

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/graphene-contact-enhancer-which-one-is-best-for-the-price-and-improveme

Quote

I've only tried Mad Scientist's, I thought it made a huge difference, better than Furutech Nano Liquid, Stabilant 22 gel concentrate or De-Oxit Gold 100% or just newly cleaned plugs and connectors.

 

If graphene were actually THAT good, here's a little something from AZ

 

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/cerious-technologies-matrix-usb-cable

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/new-cerious-technologies-upgrade-graphene-matrix-cables/post?postid=1787818#1787818

Quote

As a thank you for all the interest we are offering our GM USB for the introductory price of $849 for a 1M. We would have to sell a separate GM DC cable for at least $399 (yes we are working on this!) so you can see the value this cable brings, not to mention attaching 4 effectively 9 gauge conductors into a USB connector (I go through a lot of eye drops...).

 

Graphene Matrix DC cable? Let's wait and see if that were able to beat Mundorf / Neotech then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, seeteeyou said:

Graphene Matrix DC cable? Let's wait and see if that were able to beat Mundorf / Neotech then.

 

A graphene DC cable would be most interesting.  I have graphene in various components and cables in my audio system, and I believe there is something to it.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update, @bobfa.


I have a question about the opticalModule for you. I can totally see how it would make a difference when using Roon. However, I am wondering if it makes a difference when playing files stored on your NAS with Stylus and "buffer before play = 100%"

I was going to get a couple opticalModules and run such tests, but I decided to wait for the EtherREGEN, which I managed to order. 

 

BTW, I think the weakest link in your digital source chain is the HDPLEX400 at this point. And if you get a chance try the PinkFaun USB with ultraOCXO or a JCAT USB card. The Element H USB is okay, but not at the same level in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 7:12 AM, Energy said:

The Epyc 3000 on the other hand looks much bigger than something like a Intel NUC so I wonder if it would still sound as good given more parts/components being used which may result to more noise. The Ryzen 3900 sounds like the perfect CPU to be used in a music server. The TDP puts it just low enough to be used in a fanless chassis.

 

They do have something else that's as small as it gets

 

https://www.module-store.de/en/conga-b7e3-amd-epyc-3000/?cat=187

http://linuxgizmos.com/amds-epyc-3000-shows-up-on-com-express-type-7-module/

https://www.congatec.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/Datasheets/conga-B7E3.pdf

https://www.congatec.com/technologies/com-express/com-express-type-7/amd-epyc-embedded-3000-eco-system.html

https://www.congatec.com/technologies/com-express/com-express-type-7/com-express-type-7-with-amd-epyc-3000-processors.html

https://www.picmg.org/resources/news/member-press-releases/congatec-com-express-type-7-module-with-amd-epyc-embedded-3000-processor/

 

Though we'll have to add that conga-STX7 carrier board and it's gonna get so expensive just because we're paying for the flexibility of COM Express

 

https://www.congatec.com/en/congatec/press-releases/article/congatec-launches-100-watt-ecosystem-for-embedded-edge-and-micro-servers.html

 

This is what they're asking for another larger carrier board

 

https://www.module-store.de/en/conga-x7eval-com-express-type-7-evaluation-board/

https://www.module-store.de/en/conga-x7eval/ind/

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/congatec/conga-X7-EVAL?qs=F5EMLAvA7IBVWkrTPB%2FoBA%3D%3D

 

What if we're looking for something that's even more compact than NUC? Recently one of our sponsors just hit another home run

 

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/57258-allo-usbridge-signature/

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=1704&pid=13278

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/allo-usbridge-signature/77667

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/new-allo-usbridge-sig-is-it-roon-ready/78958

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/329911-getting-allo-coms-katana-dac-40.htmlttiQfQG.jpg

 

I could see myself connecting HDDs to that USB CLEAN port and use it as my quality NAS, not the most powerful hardware for sure but even its Gigabit Ethernet @ 330 Mbps should be no biggie for audio purposes IMHO

 

https://www.allo.com/sparky/usbridge-signature-pcb.html

https://www.allo.com/sparky/usbridge-signature-player.html

Quote

To lower the noise of the USB, we had to lower noise on EACH rail. In total, USBridge Sig uses more than 30 LDOs. Even the SD card power rail has a dedicated LDO. There are zero switching elements on board.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nenon said:

Thanks for the update, @bobfa.


I have a question about the opticalModule for you. I can totally see how it would make a difference when using Roon. However, I am wondering if it makes a difference when playing files stored on your NAS with Stylus and "buffer before play = 100%"

I was going to get a couple opticalModules and run such tests, but I decided to wait for the EtherREGEN, which I managed to order. 

 

BTW, I think the weakest link in your digital source chain is the HDPLEX400 at this point. And if you get a chance try the PinkFaun USB with ultraOCXO or a JCAT USB card. The Element H USB is okay, but not at the same level in my opinion. 

I think that the FMC is running all the time and it can generate noise on the Ethernet even when there is not traffic.  Yes I have 100% buffer set.  

 

I will see where. I go from here. Thanks for Roon the ideas.  Note I am not even using the element H card right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, seeteeyou said:

 

They do have something else that's as small as it gets

 

https://www.module-store.de/en/conga-b7e3-amd-epyc-3000/?cat=187

http://linuxgizmos.com/amds-epyc-3000-shows-up-on-com-express-type-7-module/

https://www.congatec.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/Datasheets/conga-B7E3.pdf

https://www.congatec.com/technologies/com-express/com-express-type-7/amd-epyc-embedded-3000-eco-system.html

https://www.congatec.com/technologies/com-express/com-express-type-7/com-express-type-7-with-amd-epyc-3000-processors.html

https://www.picmg.org/resources/news/member-press-releases/congatec-com-express-type-7-module-with-amd-epyc-embedded-3000-processor/

 

Though we'll have to add that conga-STX7 carrier board and it's gonna get so expensive just because we're paying for the flexibility of COM Express

 

https://www.congatec.com/en/congatec/press-releases/article/congatec-launches-100-watt-ecosystem-for-embedded-edge-and-micro-servers.html

 

This is what they're asking for another larger carrier board

 

https://www.module-store.de/en/conga-x7eval-com-express-type-7-evaluation-board/

https://www.module-store.de/en/conga-x7eval/ind/

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/congatec/conga-X7-EVAL?qs=F5EMLAvA7IBVWkrTPB%2FoBA%3D%3D

 

What if we're looking for something that's even more compact than NUC? Recently one of our sponsors just hit another home run

 

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/57258-allo-usbridge-signature/

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=1704&pid=13278

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/allo-usbridge-signature/77667

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/new-allo-usbridge-sig-is-it-roon-ready/78958

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/329911-getting-allo-coms-katana-dac-40.htmlttiQfQG.jpg

 

I could see myself connecting HDDs to that USB CLEAN port and use it as my quality NAS, not the most powerful hardware for sure but even its Gigabit Ethernet @ 330 Mbps should be no biggie for audio purposes IMHO

 

https://www.allo.com/sparky/usbridge-signature-pcb.html

https://www.allo.com/sparky/usbridge-signature-player.html

 

Let us know what you build and how it sounds as that is what this thread is all about!,... How things sound!

 

—   I am sure that the Allo will be getting a review here soon!😉😉

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bobfa said:

I think that the FMC is running all the time and it can generate noise on the Ethernet even when there is not traffic.  Yes I have 100% buffer set.  

 

I will see where. I go from here. Thanks for Roon the ideas.  Note I am not even using the element H card right now.  

Thank you Bob for the the updates, just remember the FMC when connected to fiber will generate a 810 mhz 40db noise radio signal which may interfere with other things, this signal is highly directional if the FMC have good shielding so orienting the device to "splash" the wave where it doesn't "hurt" might make a difference. 

 

Good summer project indeed 

 

Take care 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, luisma said:

Thank you Bob for the the updates, just remember the FMC when connected to fiber will generate a 810 mhz 40db noise radio signal which may interfere with other things, this signal is highly directional if the FMC have good shielding so orienting the device to "splash" the wave where it doesn't "hurt" might make a difference. 

 

Good summer project indeed 

 

Take care 

 

 

Luis,

 

Can you point me to some reference material on this please?

 

Bob

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2019 at 11:34 PM, seeteeyou said:

 

That's why we'd like to call it 臥虎藏龍 or Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon in English.

 

So many interesting products over there while they're virtually unknown to international customers. Here's an example with four SC cut OCXO

 

http://www.nctodolbs.com/dp-505-pro/

 

And then there's also something else called Jie Audio OS (kinda similar to XXHighEnd or something?) for 2,000 RMB

 

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=549594639001

 

They've got plenty of options to optimize the SQ department of RoonServer

 

http://www.headphoneclub.com/thread-732005-1-1.html

jgjO7Nk.png

 

One of their customers tried AudioLinux (but not Euphony / Stylus yet) before and that's no match for JAOS, though AudioLinux might not be as optimized as what Larry did.

 

Even running the Server Core flavor of Windows Server 2019 in RAM (with Audiophile Optimizer + Process Lasso + Fidelizer) still wasn't as good as what JAOS could offer, though there might be language barrier unless we're adding this stuff ourselves

 

Microsoft-Windows-Server-Language-Pack_x64_en-us.cab
https://software-download.microsoft.com/download/pr/17763.1.180914-1434.rs5_release_SERVERLANGPACKDVD_OEM_MULTI.iso

 

Windows 8.1 Language Packs

https://github.com/Titokhan/display-language-switcher/blob/master/LangPack/9600-LPs.txt

 

Windows 8 Language Packs

https://github.com/Titokhan/display-language-switcher/blob/master/LangPack/9200-LPs.txt

 

Language Packs for Windows Embedded 8 Standard (64-bit)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38763

 

Sometimes it's also fun to read direct listening impressions on other threads, especially when we're all about a collection of impressions on this particular thread here. I saw that JAOS actually consumed less than 1GB of RAM with 28 processes / 265 threads / 5359 handles, therefore having only 4GB of Apacer RAM should be good to go.

 

IIRC some of us actually opted for the superior SQ of Euphony / Stylus while forgoing the strength of Roon, maybe there's still a chance for Roon to shine again?

 

I kinda agree with Windows X's comparison between Windows and Linux that Linux always lack harmonics and consistency, make you feel that the sound stage is huge but empty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, seeteeyou said:

They do have something else that's as small as it gets

https://www.module-store.de/en/conga-b7e3-amd-epyc-3000/?cat=187

 

I could see myself connecting HDDs to that USB CLEAN port and use it as my quality NAS, not the most powerful hardware for sure but even its Gigabit Ethernet @ 330 Mbps should be no biggie for audio purposes IMHO

 

https://www.allo.com/sparky/usbridge-signature-pcb.html

https://www.allo.com/sparky/usbridge-signature-player.html

 

Great to see more Ryzen / EPYC 3000 options. The 4 core / 4 thread though might not be as good as the current V1605B that comes in the Asrock iBOX-V1000 which does 4 core / 8 thread and with higher clocks too. 

 

USBridge-Signature would make a good endpoint for those who doesn't plan to use a USB regeneration like a tX-USBultra or have the their operating system put on ram boot. I wonder which is better. A less powerful endput with overall lower noise especially on the USB output or a stronger dedicated endpoint running ramboot with ECC/Industrial ram. It's hard to tell. Maybe one day there will be more decent processors with ECC supported RAM and a bunch of ultra low noise voltage regulators being used.


Computer (Ethernet)  D-Link DGS-105 (Ethernet)  Intel NUC7i7DNHE (USB)  Denafrips Terminator (XLR)  AMB Laboratories β22 (Balanced)  Focal Utopia (Headphones)
 
= ︿ =

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 6:48 AM, bobfa said:

With the new software I decided to try running the server as a single box with USB out.  I ran A/B/C testing with the two endpoints I had been using and the single box.  The single box won out buy quite a bit. 

 

Hi Bob, many thanks for sharing, this is a great update for those who want to keep things simple 😀. I’m wondering, did you perhaps also had the chance to compare the (a) Euphony Roon Core using the StylesEP, with (b) Euphony Roon Core using an additional/external Roon Endpoint device?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fred,

 

I have been running dual systems with different endpoints for a long time.  This is the first time in three plus years where the single device sounded better.  If you look for my “from 0 to” posts you will find both the server and the NUC endpoint that I have built.  There are also some interesting discussions around different Linux variants to look at.  

 

I have tested with multiple operating systems on the endpoint as well as multiple endpoint types.  I have not scratched the surface of all of the possible variants.  I will be documenting some of this down the road.  

 

IN GENERAL and IN MY EXPERIENCE so far Euphony has improved my system  sound quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bobfa said:

you point me to some reference material on this please?

Hi Bob, there is no reference anywhere for this that I could find, this is something I accidentally discovered installing radio systems and I have documented myself with my own videos. Note there is not fact this affects SQ but we all know RFI affects sound somehow, I purchased recently a phone dac that when the tower is far away and the phone uses more power to reach the tower the DAC audio buzzes because of the phone RFI power.

the FMC on my empirical measurements transmit with 30 to 40 dbm which as you could imagine is a lot for it.

 

I mentioned this on this forum but I'll pm you my Dropbox link and you'll be the judge.

 

Note also on my experiments the shielding quality of the FMC is paramount, and you'll be surprised finding expensive Catalyst latest Gen and HPe equipment leaking RF.

 

Contrary to all reasoning inexpensive ubiquity equipment with their standard sfps provided excellent lateral shielding

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, luisma said:

Hi Bob, there is no reference anywhere for this that I could find, this is something I accidentally discovered installing radio systems and I have documented myself with my own videos. Note there is not fact this affects SQ but we all know RFI affects sound somehow, I purchased recently a phone dac that when the tower is far away and the phone uses more power to reach the tower the DAC audio buzzes because of the phone RFI power.

the FMC on my empirical measurements transmit with 30 to 40 dbm which as you could imagine is a lot for it.

 

I mentioned this on this forum but I'll pm you my Dropbox link and you'll be the judge.

 

Note also on my experiments the shielding quality of the FMC is paramount, and you'll be surprised finding expensive Catalyst latest Gen and HPe equipment leaking RF.

 

Contrary to all reasoning inexpensive ubiquity equipment with their standard sfps provided excellent lateral shielding

 

 

According to the "upgrade company" EMF/RF etc are no. 1 killer of great audio sound. Thus includes wifi (and damn my router is in my Hi-Fi room) 

 

https://upgradecompany.com

 

I probably should put a lead shield around my LPS haha, but it needs to be ventilated somehow.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chopin75 said:

I probably should put a lead shield around my LPS haha

that will probably work indeed, led is the best (sorry is it lead or led?) I'm not a native english person.

 

I can't find the video where I wrapped two layers of aluminum foil over the FMC, temporarily of course because it needs to dissipate, the effects !!! NONE, then I went to amazon looking for copper foil, I ended up purchasing $600 of equipment switches, etc. and started testing the one by one, some I did return to Amazon some others I still have em in storage (after 3 years).

 

My findings, the shielding the manufacturers uses makes all the difference, you can't contain RF but you can direct it (kind of) hence my posting above to @bobfa, I was able to use the devices on my application with careful positioning.

 

The worst is the power cable, when FMC's radiates everywhere the DC cable becomes a powerful  antenna (the ethernet not so much), yes I know get some RFI/EMI ferrite beads blockers and put it on the cable, sure, tried it and waste my money doing it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, luisma said:

that will probably work indeed, led is the best (sorry is it lead or led?) I'm not a native english person.

 

I can't find the video where I wrapped two layers of aluminum foil over the FMC, temporarily of course because it needs to dissipate, the effects !!! NONE, then I went to amazon looking for copper foil, I ended up purchasing $600 of equipment switches, etc. and started testing the one by one, some I did return to Amazon some others I still have em in storage (after 3 years).

 

My findings, the shielding the manufacturers uses makes all the difference, you can't contain RF but you can direct it (kind of) hence my posting above to @bobfa, I was able to use the devices on my application with careful positioning.

 

The worst is the power cable, when FMC's radiates everywhere the DC cable becomes a powerful  antenna (the ethernet not so much), yes I know get some RFI/EMI ferrite beads blockers and put it on the cable, sure, tried it and waste my money doing it.

 

 

"lead" is correct.  Or "Pb" for international symbol of the periodic table. Indeed Pb is used for shielding radiation in X-ray department!  I have a few lead pieces, mainly too block a huge transformer causing hum as the interconnects get too close. Lead probably works best but as I said it is not that "clean" so they use aluminum instead. Probably not working that well, I  am not sure about copper but it is commonly used in wire shielding.

 

The AC power, as I Read somewhere generates huge electromagetic wave due to its AC current, and so it should actually be shielded not to improve its sound but to prevent it from affecting other components. But "experts" say that shielding may worsen the sound (>?? really?).  It has largest skin effect due to the nature of AC current driving all the electrons to the surface, hence copper should be good enough, and apparently multi strand is fine since skin effect is most important.So we don't see solid core AC cable, and usually no pure silver. Silver plated is adequate  due to skin effect. I hope I got this correct ?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_1650.thumb.JPG.2decd4e40d52368c3aad9ab0be095a0d.JPG


Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers with scan speak illuminator drivers.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus

Clock modded FS105 v3, Clock modded Isoregen, Lush^2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 1:04 AM, auricgoldfinger said:

A graphene DC cable would be most interesting.  I have graphene in various components and cables in my audio system, and I believe there is something to it.

 

A reputable seller just posted a decent deal that looked pretty dope

 

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649561380-synergistic-research-powercell-12-uef-se-blue-outlets-with-5-foot-galileo-sx-power-cord/

bJ05Sqf.jpg pncRMYq.jpg g7w5jDy.jpg bQzNZSA.jpg nQYHjZS.jpg uDoLd34.jpg

 

I've been looking for graphene (with silver etc.) headphone cables as well but unfortunately Cerious Technologies don't sell 'em. Have you ever tried these guys from the lending library?

 

https://www.thecableco.com/atmosphere-headphone-cable.html

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/synergistic-research-atmosphere-headphone-cables.801751/

 

No graphene but just wondering if this stuff were some kinda hype or actually a game changer?

 

https://www.thecableco.com/the-omega-live-headphone-cable.html

https://www.taralabs.com/products/item/17-headphone-cables/138-omega-live

 

 

I don't live in the states so that's no go for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, seeteeyou said:

 

I have this exact model and cable.  The improvements to my system were exactly as advertised.  I am thrilled with the performance.

 

53 minutes ago, seeteeyou said:

 

I haven't heard this cable, but SR has a new (and slightly less expensive) version with all their latest technology coming to market soon.  It will have their silver wire (air strings) and graphene shielding which work so well in my HD grounding, USB, and power cables.  There will be a 30-day money-back guarantee, so I plan to try one.  If you can find an SR dealer in Asia, you ought to be able to do the same.

 

https://www.synergisticresearch.com/cables/foundation/foundation-headphone/

 

1 hour ago, seeteeyou said:

No graphene but just wondering if this stuff were some kinda hype or actually a game changer?

 

https://www.thecableco.com/the-omega-live-headphone-cable.html

https://www.taralabs.com/products/item/17-headphone-cables/138-omega-live

 

This is an intriguing product, but more than I would pay for a headphone cable.  What most interests me here is the floating ground station. Given the experience with grounding other cables in my system, I would love to ground a headphone cable to my active ground block.

 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

This is an intriguing product, but more than I would pay for a headphone cable.  What most interests me here is the floating ground station. Given the experience with grounding other cables in my system, I would love to ground a headphone cable to my active ground block.

 

They do sell quite a few headphone cables with female 3.5-mm plugs for connecting ground cables, 3.3-m Atlantis Infinity turned out to be cheaper than 2.2-m ones

 

http://entreq.eu/info/ENTREQ_pricelist_2019_01.pdf#page=10

 

Or just wrap this around your existing headphone cables instead

 

https://www.thecableco.com/silver-mini-wraps-pair.html

http://entreq.eu/info/ENTREQ_pricelist_2019_01.pdf#page=2

 

Someone also demonstrated how to do it with Wireworld's flagship Nano-Platinum Eclipse

 

https://medium.com/mad4u/telosgnrm-17dffecb6790

 

Maybe keep an eye on used ones for experimental purposes, usually the headphone cables should be under 500 bucks

 

https://www.hifizero.com/index.php?q=Wireworld platinum eclipse

 

We could actually get some bulk wires from our local authorized dealer, though it's just a bit risky to be on the street these days.

 


gJSxkmrm.jpg

Quote

Similar in overall structure and construction these wraps are a natural extension to the performance enhancements found in the standard wraps. With particular attention given to the mineral mixture in the main pockets of the wraps themselves, as well as a dedicated ground point to further drain noise and field effects, these wraps offer an obvious and clear improvement in almost every application.

 

A pair of Infinity Silver Mini Wraps would cost $160 and grounding DC cables with JSSG 360 ^ Infinity would be such a catchy name

 

https://www.entreq.com/news-17217671

 

Grounding non-Habst clock cables are also fun since Habst ones seemed to work quite well whenever they're grounded, same deal with coaxial cables between Hugo M Scaler and DACs because of all that RF noise.

 

lElCzK1.jpg

 

https://www.entreq.com

Quote

The DC Power cable are at least as important as the AC Power cable is for the sound and result.
We now introduce a wide range of DC Power cords.
From Primer to our top model Atlantis.

 

They posted that back in February 2019 but somehow that didn't seem to be available anywhere yet.

 

Obviously we don't really HAVE to pay for those wraps or expensive DC cables, just steal their ideas and see how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.fe5b8cac322136286a615cab96a5a712.png

 

Later than promised but here it is, my take on Farad Super 3.

Tried two farad, a 19V for my roon core computer and a 12V for the sms200ultra endpoint.
Furutech rhodium fuse for the 19V and Synergistic research blue fuse for the 12V. Both upgraded with Furutech rhodium ac-inlet. Farad level 2 dc copper cables and Farad power cords.

 

In short, the results where kinda similar with farad to both the roon core and endpoint, however a larger impact on the endpoint. Farad sounded liquid, dense and a little dark. It bested the Uptone lps 1.2 for the endpoint, uptone sounded a little thin in comparison.

Also tried Audio Linux instead of windows 10 with Fidelizer which I usually use for the roon core computer. Thought maybe that I would prefer AL with Farad PSU, but still enjoy the sound of windows more. AL sounds somewhat thin to my ears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...