IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

Just to expand a little on what JSSG 360 brings to my analogue cable. 

On the track September in Montreal by Alison Bisson, listening to the first 30 seconds, there is a cymbal shimmer at the beginning that I have never heard so real with so much detail before. There is a real natural sense of the cymbal shimmering that it arouses a visual picture of the cymbal itself. Funny how I listened for several hours but it's small things like this that stuck in my memory. 

On another track, the last track on the continental shift album by Slava Gregorian and Al Slavic I noticed a clearly defined synth in the background that I hadn't heard so clearly before or really even noticed despite listening to this track over a thousand times. 

I'm very interested to know if others have tried a JSSG 360 on their analogue cables? 

39 minutes ago, Bricki said:

I'm very interested to know if others have tried a JSSG 360 on their analogue cables? 

It would be interesting to know if there are the same benefits to doing this to well constructed interconnects with 2  layers of shielding,. for those who live in semi-rural or rural areas with much lower levels of RF/EMI, or whether it is due mainly to better rejection of RF/EMI that our own electrical gear, and that of our nearby neighbours is causing.(including Solar Inverters etc.)

(I live in a semi-rural area these days,)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Silly question for the experts. 

Is it better to isolate the router/FMC/switch, whatever one may have, on a separate line from the dedicated AC lines for the audio equipment? Are there any issues with grounding from going on different lines (I know ethernet has no ground wire)? 

Is this a better option than putting the switch and its power supply on the same conditioner as DAC/amp etc... ?

1 hour ago, Bricki said:

Just to expand a little on what JSSG 360 brings to my analogue cable. 

On the track September in Montreal by Alison Bisson, listening to the first 30 seconds, there is a cymbal shimmer at the beginning that I have never heard so real with so much detail before. There is a real natural sense of the cymbal shimmering that it arouses a visual picture of the cymbal itself. Funny how I listened for several hours but it's small things like this that stuck in my memory. 

On another track, the last track on the continental shift album by Slava Gregorian and Al Slavic I noticed a clearly defined synth in the background that I hadn't heard so clearly before or really even noticed despite listening to this track over a thousand times. 

My system uses one single ended analog interconnect from DAC to amp. Several years ago Jud introduced me to analog interconnects from Omega Mikro which are very thin copper ribbons covered with transparent film as insulation. The construction is fragile, and would not survive insertion into a tinned copper sleeve.

I don't know why these unique cables sound so good, but they surely do and I feel no compunction to experiment with replacements or modifications.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

It would be interesting to know if there are the same benefits to doing this to well constructed interconnects with 2  layers of shielding,. for those who live in semi-rural or rural areas with much lower levels of RF/EMI, or whether it is due mainly to better rejection of RF/EMI that our own electrical gear, and that of our nearby neighbours is causing.(including Solar Inverters etc.)

(I live in a semi-rural area these days,)

I live in a semi rural area as well and I am not aware of any solar inverters in my immediate vicinity (however there would likely be some within a kilometre). Despite this I would imagine that my own equipment in my house would generate a fair bit of emi/rfi... I have a number of devices on WiFi and computers and WiFi router all in my listening room so I'm sure there is plenty of interference just within my house.

I don't know much about the construction of the big sur cable I'm using but I don't recall reading about it having any shielding, so perhaps there won't be as many gains for those with analogue cables already with shielding. However, there were some nice gains by adding JSSG 360 to the supra cat 8 (as an Ethernet cable) and it is already heavily shielded. 

1 hour ago, lmitche said:

My system uses one single ended analog interconnect from DAC to amp. Several years ago Jud introduced me to analog interconnects from Omega Mikro which are very thin copper ribbons covered with transparent film as insulation. The construction is fragile, and would not survive insertion into a tinned copper sleeve.

I don't know why these unique cables sound so good, but they surely do and I feel no compunction to experiment with replacements or modifications.

Interesting, thanks, I will have to google them and take a look ?

However, there were some nice gains by adding JSSG 360 to the supra cat 8 (as an Ethernet cable) and it is already heavily shielded. 

The Ethernet cable may have benefitted by reducing the amount of RF/RMI emitted from the cable itself ?

The attached specs suggest the possibility of quite a bit of RF/EMI radiation right through the spectrum if shielding isn't adequate .

Maximum bit rate 1 Mbit/s to 400 Gbit/s
Voltage levels ± 2.5V (over twisted pair)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

The Ethernet cable may have benefitted by reducing the amount of RF/RMI emitted from the cable itself ?

Yes, I also have considered this to be a possibility. John Swenson has said that ethernet cables carrying high impedance ac leakage current will be emitting significant amounts of emi/rfi. I am using a gs105 switch with the negative dc output of the power supply that is powering it grounded (in fact it is the sps-500 - it's negative dc output is grounded as long as you are using the 3rd pin on whatever ac cable you are using). This means that the main cable emitting emi near my audio equipment is the one coming from my router to my switch. This is a 10 meter cable and I intend to put a JSSG 360 on the final meter or two of this cable for the very reason that you have mentioned ??... I will need some more 3/8" braid for this though. Hopefully I will get to try it at some point in the next few weeks 

JSSG 360 is apparently known by some cable company. 

I exchanged this tweak with an audiophile friend     

He did checked his Van Den Hull analog interconnect and he told me they were using JSSG 360. 

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis

8 hours ago, Cxp said:

Silly question for the experts. 

Is it better to isolate the router/FMC/switch, whatever one may have, on a separate line from the dedicated AC lines for the audio equipment? Are there any issues with grounding from going on different lines (I know ethernet has no ground wire)? 

Is this a better option than putting the switch and its power supply on the same conditioner as DAC/amp etc... ?

Hi Cxp, I've got everything plugged into a single 1000 watt isolation transformer. I also use isolation transformers with floating secondaries for every component except the amp. Even so,  safety ground is common for everything. The power supplies of all devices are shunted to safety ground. I hope that answers your question. Larry

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

8 hours ago, jean-michel6 said:

JSSG 360 is apparently known by some cable company. 

I exchanged this tweak with an audiophile friend     

He did checked his Van Den Hull analog interconnect and he told me they were using JSSG 360. 

They certainly have the cable you can do it with. Based on their old MC102 which had 2 overall shields (one of them a conductive carbon film) they added an extra braided shield.

https://www.vandenhul.com/product/the-integration-hybrid-halogen-free/

11 hours ago, lmitche said:

analog interconnects from Omega Mikro which are very thin copper ribbons covered with transparent film as insulation. The construction is fragile, and would not survive insertion into a tinned copper sleeve.

High probability insertion destructive, but should easy survive following leader line through sleeve. Tie wire or string leader behind connectors. Thread through sleeve. Pull through & remove leader, done :)

Recently watch electric company pull 13.2KV conductors through temporary sheaves from 3 color coded poly leader ropes up on tall poles. Later manually hooked over to new polymer insulators before energized.

13 hours ago, sandyk said:

and that of our nearby neighbours is causing.(including Solar Inverters etc.)

Huh!?

My AC unit is outside my listening room, probably 15ft from my gear (through a exterior wood wall) which I can shut off when I'm listening. However last year my neighbors installed solar panels and the wiring comes down this same side with inverter on the inside of the opposing wall, say 24ft away.  Is this likely to have an impact? Is there a simple shield I can make against my exterior wall - it's a blind side no one sees anyway ?

16 hours ago, Bruce Orr said:

Count me as a JSSG 360 fan. Nodded my two Lush cables just today. Really nice and assume it too will burn-in more in the next 48 hours. If not, I’m still happy. Thx for the step-by-step directions, Rajiv!

I have been searching this thread for a while and can't find the step by step instructions.  Can anyone link them?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

39 minutes ago, Blake said:

I have been searching this thread for a while and can't find the step by step instructions.  Can anyone link them?

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/?do=findComment&comment=836649

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's