IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

33 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Wow - you Gotham already?

Sorry - late night pun could not be resisted. ?

Haha! Nicely played. 

Pic as promised. 

20180712_080243.jpg

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

13 hours ago, cat6man said:

My matrix arrived today (ordered last friday) and I'll be testing/comparing tomorrow.

It is 'warming up' on a generic 9v supply overnight, then I'll switch it in and out for the sotm using my lps1.2.

I have a lps1.0 on my ultraRendu and may try swapping the two power supplies, but I assume the better supply should

be closest to the DAC.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Let me know the outcome ?

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis

12 hours ago, Blake said:

Alan, did you end up trying the JSSG360 methods on your Sablon Audio USB and Ethernet cables?  I have them both on demo now from Sablon and they are so damn good!  No way I am sending them back to Sablon.  Curious though if this process would further improve them (although I can't imagine it because they seem like absolute perfection "as is").

Have you compared the sablon to the Lush ?

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis

14 hours ago, Quadman said:

Based on @lmitche recommendation and my use of gotham cable as interconnects for the past 15 years.  I got some gac ultra pro 4/1 cable to use as DC power and 1 interconnect from Dac to preamp.  The first cable I made up was the inteconnet from dac to preamp.  As you know this cable can easily be used as a JSSG 360 by twisting the inner conductor shields together with the two outer shields.  I chose another path.  From some earlier DIY projects I had some 70mm dupont leads on hand which I cut in half.  When I built this cable I kept the inner conductor shields separated from the outer shields, I then soldered these dupont leads to each shield at each end.  I then ran 2 separate 24ga wires from end to end also with dupont connectors so I could effectively, vary how I wanted this shielding to run.  I could run it with only the inner shield as a JSSG and outer disconnected, or connect just the outer and leave inner disconnected.  I could connect inner and outer making a JSSG 360 or I could run both shields separate from each other, effectively making a jssg for inner and jssg for outer but not connected together.  And finally I could disconnect the shields altogether so there was no JSSG effect.  Heres a photo of the IC set up.

1787846474_Gac4UPgrounding.thumb.jpg.ab59916ce92fef07586f3a2736e77dbe.jpg

As you can see with the duponts I can easily switch how my shielding is set up.  So I set about experimenting.  After a lot of back and forth listening to parts of several songs over and over I decided that I preferred running my shields separate and not in a traditional JSSG 360, by seperate I mean the inner shields are connected together, and the outer shields are connected together but there is no continuity between the two. Whereas a traditional JSSG 360 the inner and outer shields would be connected together at each end of the cable forming a loop between the inner and outer.

I PM'd Larry about this but have not heard back from him, btw does anyone know if he is he okay? I sure hope so.  So if you want try this set up as opposed to a traditional JSSG360 I'd be curious on your results.  Now to be fair this test was only using a analog interconnect I have not done this test on my dc cables as there 4 of them (in my system) and I just haven't had the will to try the various schemes on those. I am running them as separate inner and outer tho based on my IC results.

Larry is just fine, busy with work and family.  

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

3 hours ago, jean-michel6 said:

Have you compared the sablon to the Lush ?

Hey Jean-Michel,  I have not.  I've had probably a dozen different usb cables over the years, but I've never tried the Lush.  The Sablon is significantly better than any other usb cable I've owned (Curious, TotalDac D1, Lightspeed 10G, Uptone USPCB, Mapleshade, Nordost Blue Heaven, iFi, Cardas, etc.). 

My Ghent Gotham DC cable is almost here.  Looking forward to comparing to my other Ghent DC cable (DC04- Canare 4S6). 

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Quadman:

Can you provide a link to your Gotham source please? The only one I've found seems to be out of stock.

Thanks!

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

Thank you!

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

5 hours ago, Blake said:

Hey Jean-Michel,  I have not.  I've had probably a dozen different usb cables over the years, but I've never tried the Lush.  The Sablon is significantly better than any other usb cable I've owned (Curious, TotalDac D1, Lightspeed 10G, Uptone USPCB, Mapleshade, Nordost Blue Heaven, iFi, Cardas, etc.). 

My Ghent Gotham DC cable is almost here.  Looking forward to comparing to my other Ghent DC cable (DC04- Canare 4S6). 

Which sablon usb cable do you have ?

The lush for me is a small miracle because it is so analogic and has removed all digital nasties. 

I was using jcat ref and also Totaldac d1. 

The lush is vastly superior to both of these  this is why I was curious of the comparison between the lush and the sablon. 

I am pretty sure the Gotham will be clearly the best one !

2 hours ago, jean-michel6 said:

Which sablon usb cable do you have ?

The lush is vastly superior to both of these  this is why I was curious of the comparison between the lush and the sablon. 

I have the powered Reserva.  I'm not sure if the powered Elite version will work with my Berkeley USB Converter.  i plan on asking Sablon before finalizing my purchase.

With respect to Sablon vs Lush comparisons, I am pretty sure I recall seeing a few comparisons by some users on another audio forum or even possibly CA??  Will update if I can remember where I saw them... 

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

6 hours ago, Blake said:

I have the powered Reserva.  I'm not sure if the powered Elite version will work with my Berkeley USB Converter.  i plan on asking Sablon before finalizing my purchase.

With respect to Sablon vs Lush comparisons, I am pretty sure I recall seeing a few comparisons by some users on another audio forum or even possibly CA??  Will update if I can remember where I saw them... 

Might have been the following on WBF:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?19247-Sablon-Audio-Reserva-experience-Affordable-S-O-T-A/page8

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

8 hours ago, Blake said:

Thank's

15 hours ago, BigGuy said:

There are many enthusiasts who have started to power their Chord Electronics Qutest DACs and Intel NUCs with the SR4 – resulting in very surprising gains.”

yes these are great power supplies, I have 2 and in my opinion I don’t really need to add LT3045s after them unless to step down the voltage. There is no long waiting time for these as they are made in monthly batches. 

Great news that PH is going to outsource the production of the SR7s too and ‘other goodies‘. 

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

2 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

Thank's  .

I recently have the lush in my system and i like it a lot with it's organic and very natural sound . I agree it could a tad more lively .

Apparently the sablon combine the strength of both the curious and the lush .

3 hours ago, mozes said:

The JSSG 360 really takes the Lush to another level. Mainly more holographic imaging and deeper bass. 

I've found these two characteristics are consistent when doing any emi and RF shielding. Apparently those things impact imaging and bass primarily. 

I've had to make other adjustments for bass as I've never had such great response from my speakers. And talk about holographic. I'm getting this from my turntable now as well. Never expected this from vinyl. 

1 hour ago, Johnseye said:

I've found these two characteristics are consistent when doing any emi and RF shielding. Apparently those things impact imaging and bass primarily. 

The Borg has assimilated your observations.

4 hours ago, mozes said:

The JSSG 360 really takes the Lush to another level. Mainly more holographic imaging and deeper bass. 

Hi Moussa 

i have already jssg360 my lush !

4 hours ago, mozes said:

Definitely agree with this jssg 360 ing my lush has took it up another level entirely 

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)