IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

On 5/30/2018 at 4:26 AM, lmitche said:

Hi all,

In the true spirit of this thread, I'd like to introduce you to JSSG 360.  Thinking about John Swensons JSSG cable tweak, a layer of tinned copper shielding with the ends connected with a drain wire, it occurred to me that instead of the drain wire, a layer of insulation followed by another layer of tinned copper would likely to be better. With the two layers of tinned copper attached at the end points, the SQ impact is much greater then the current, and brilliant, JSSG tweak. This tweak works on DC cabling, network cabling and USB cables.

Having recently treated one of Rajiv's Lush cables with JSSG 360, he can vouch for the SQ impact.

I am quite excited to have found the Gotham Audio USA Gac4/1 ultra pro cable which has JSSG 360 built-in. Once again, just connect the inner and outer shielding at the endpoints and you have JSSG 360 SQ.

Unfortunately, I can't explain why JSSG 360 sounds so good. But I've been treating my cables this way since last fall and it seems to work without fail on any cable.

Enjoy JSSG 360.  You will be amazed at the new life you will get out of your existing cabling.

Larry

https://www.ghentaudio.com/part/dc-gac4.html

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

Thanks for the link.  I just ordered one.  I only read a few pages of this thread but it seems like people are pretty jazzed about the improvements so hey, I'll roll the dice.

Next project, trying out the Sablon Audio USB cable and Ethernet cable.  The fun never ends in this hobby.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

First Impressions of Paul Hynes SR-7

It's a funny thing. When my SR-4 was delivered just before Christmas, I was leaving on vacation, so @limniscate got to spend a week with it before even I did. Well, now the tables are turned. He left on vacation the day after his long-awaited SR-7 arrived, so he graciously lent it to me.

I've got about 100 hours of burn in on the unit, so I thought I'd post some initial impressions. The usual caveats apply: these impressions may change as the unit continues to burn in, and/or with more experiments over longer periods.

First things first. While we talk about SR-7s as if they were well-defined PSUs, it's important to note these are custom PSUs, and can be specified with may variables.  So let's first clarify exactly what Eric's build is. It is an SR7MR2DRXL, with 2 HD (6A) modules. Let's unpack what that means:

1. MR2 => this is a 2 rail PSU. According to Paul's price sheet, "the SR7MR uses a custom manufactured mains transformer with up to 500VA rating depending on the overall rail requirements." I haven't opened the unit to inspect what the VA rating of the transformer is, but it is hefty for sure.
  2. DR => dual regulators. Per Paul, "... DR versions where two of the high performance voltage regulators are cascaded to a give supply line and rectification interference rejection exceeding 150 dB from DC to 100 KHz. This provides lower overall noise levels than the standard power supplies and better dynamic performance."
  3. XL => "...XL ultra low impedance (< 1 milliohm) connectors and fine silver internal wiring between capacitor banks, regulator modules and the output connectors."
  4. HD modules => "up to 6A continuous, 30A transient current with a maximum output of 80W continuous"

A final point before I get into my impressions. The last time we did a similar comparison was in Chicago during AXPONA, at @Johnseye's, with @lmitche and @Forehaven. John reported here: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/?do=findComment&amp;comment=808332. One of the interesting findings had to do with comparing the SR-4 to the SR-7 when both rails were active, and I wanted to test that again in my setup.

While I listened with multiple tracks, I'll zoom in on one, perhaps familiar to more people, to discuss my findings. The piece is Limehouse Blues from Jazz at the Pawnshop. I have the 24/192 version. From about 3:00 to 4:00 is a vibraphone (?) solo, followed from 4:00 onwards by a set of chords on piano and double bass. Take a listen if you want to familiarize yourself with it. I'll wait. ?

My baseline setup at this time is:

• TLS OCXO switch (LPS-1.2) > Zenith SE > tX-USBultra (SR-4) > Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ (JS-2)
  • Mutec Ref 10 reference clock > tX-USBultra

After listening on the baseline config, it was time for some comparisons.

Comparison 1 - Swap SR-4 with one rail of SR-7 to power tX-USBultra:  To be honest, I was not expecting much of a difference here, given our findings in Chicago. Not so this time! As good as the SR-4 is, this was a noticeable improvement. In the vibraphone solo, the notes took on an almost luminous tone, the texture of the instrument was more palpable. Beyond that, the sense of the space (the Pawnshop club) was much more real. There was a lot more micro-detail - background conversation, movement, etc. Finally, the image seemed more spacious. I always describe this effect as a sharpened focus, as if you have a cleaner, sharper lens into the music.

Comparison 2 - now use the 2nd rail of the SR-7 to power the Brooklyn DAC+ in place of the JS-2: This was even more of a jump in SQ! Everything I described above improved even more. There was significantly more palpability and excitement to the space. The key additional ingredient was another bump in dynamics. To describe this, focus on the immediate aftermath of the vibraphone solo starting right around 4:00. The chords by the piano, double bass, and drums now just throb with energy. It's hard to describe how the same music I was listening to in the baseline config just has a new level of energy and excitement to it. Since this scenario is using both rails of the SR-7, I was vigilant for the excess bass we heard in Chicago. There was none. Bass was tight and satisfying.

Comparison 3 - now go back to SR-4 to power the tX-USBultra: The point of this experiment is to address the finding from Chicago. Does using both rails of the SR-7 compromise the SQ? How does SQ change when replacing one of them for the SR-4? Answer: the SQ degrades approximately the same magnitude as the improvement in comparison 1.

Tentative Conclusions:

• Despite the superlative performance delivered by the JS-2 and SR-4, the SR-7 found a way to improve on it quite significantly. Now I understand why @romaz speaks so highly of this PSU!
  • I did not hear any noticeable SQ penalty for using both rails of the SR-7 in the chain. This is contrary to what was observed in John's system. Perhaps the use of DR in both rails of Eric's system provides a level of resilience from cross-rail intermodulation noise.
  • While I could not isolate and evaluate the sonic impact of DR and XL, there is no doubt the combination of SR7, DR, and XL results in a PSU par excellence!

Over the next few weeks, I'll revisit this and add more findings from running the SR-7 in Eric's system. Stay tuned!

Not long after Axpona I learned one of my SR7 modules had malfunctioned.  It was putting out a constant voltage which could not be changed by the potentiometer.  A replacement is being shipped from Paul on Monday.  Perhaps this was the issue.

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

Why does the cheap internal cabling not seem to matter? I don't have a good answer.

Maybe the ones from Pasternak were also cheap to begin with? Not exactly a fair comparison but here we go

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/38528-antipodes-dx-gen3-vs-innuos-zenith-mkii-se/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-792069

The Habst is far better. With the Pasternak the sound becomes unfocused, the bass and lower mids a smeared blob. The difference was almost as large as not using a clock. So the clock BNC cable matters - to the extent that an external clock is basically pointless without a good cable.  So much so that I am considering seeing if Habst can make up a 50ohm cable for my Cybershaft.

That's why I posted this after you started the Habst cable group buy, even internal cabling might benefit from a separate ground

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/?page=322&tab=comments#comment-827502

2 hours ago, austinpop said:

SQ effect of tX-USBultra internal re-cabling

Back in March/April, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth when we learned the internal clock cables used to connect the BNC and SMB connectors on the back panel of SOtM Ultra components to the corresponding U.FL or MCX connectors on the sCLK-EX board were overly long and cheap-looking. There was much speculation about whether these cables were degrading SQ. In a detailed post with nice pictures@elan120 described his experience replacing these cables with much shorter cables from Pasternack.

Fast forward to now. I was able to get, with invaluable help from @elan120 - thank you, Kevin! - my tX-USBultra recabled in exactly the same way. But now, the big question - did this improve the SQ? While I like to believe I have discerning ears, I certainly don't have the auditory memory to compare 2 configurations heard a couple weeks apart. Well, with Eric out of town, I was able to borrow his tX-USBultra (which has the original internal wiring) for comparisons.

So what is the answer?

There is an improvement in SQ. It is very subtle. I doubt I'd be able to reliably hear it in a blind A/B test.

What does this mean? Well, if you're handy, and want to squeeze out the very last iota of performance of your Ultra gear, go for it. For the rest of us/you, rest assured that the wiring used by SOtM is not exacting a big sonic penalty. I will note that May and Lee did claim this would be the case.

Why does the cheap internal cabling not seem to matter? I don't have a good answer.

Not an easy data point to get. Thanks for the work! ???

7 hours ago, austinpop said:

First Impressions of Paul Hynes SR-7

It's a funny thing. When my SR-4 was delivered just before Christmas, I was leaving on vacation, so @limniscate got to spend a week with it before even I did. Well, now the tables are turned. He left on vacation the day after his long-awaited SR-7 arrived, so he graciously lent it to me.

I've got about 100 hours of burn in on the unit, so I thought I'd post some initial impressions. The usual caveats apply: these impressions may change as the unit continues to burn in, and/or with more experiments over longer periods.

First things first. While we talk about SR-7s as if they were well-defined PSUs, it's important to note these are custom PSUs, and can be specified with may variables.  So let's first clarify exactly what Eric's build is. It is an SR7MR2DRXL, with 2 HD (6A) modules. Let's unpack what that means:

1. MR2 => this is a 2 rail PSU. According to Paul's price sheet, "the SR7MR uses a custom manufactured mains transformer with up to 500VA rating depending on the overall rail requirements." I haven't opened the unit to inspect what the VA rating of the transformer is, but it is hefty for sure.
  2. DR => dual regulators. Per Paul, "... DR versions where two of the high performance voltage regulators are cascaded to a give supply line and rectification interference rejection exceeding 150 dB from DC to 100 KHz. This provides lower overall noise levels than the standard power supplies and better dynamic performance."
  3. XL => "...XL ultra low impedance (< 1 milliohm) connectors and fine silver internal wiring between capacitor banks, regulator modules and the output connectors."
  4. HD modules => "up to 6A continuous, 30A transient current with a maximum output of 80W continuous"

A final point before I get into my impressions. The last time we did a similar comparison was in Chicago during AXPONA, at @Johnseye's, with @lmitche and @Forehaven. John reported here: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/?do=findComment&amp;comment=808332. One of the interesting findings had to do with comparing the SR-4 to the SR-7 when both rails were active, and I wanted to test that again in my setup.

While I listened with multiple tracks, I'll zoom in on one, perhaps familiar to more people, to discuss my findings. The piece is Limehouse Blues from Jazz at the Pawnshop. I have the 24/192 version. From about 3:00 to 4:00 is a vibraphone (?) solo, followed from 4:00 onwards by a set of chords on piano and double bass. Take a listen if you want to familiarize yourself with it. I'll wait. ?

My baseline setup at this time is:

• TLS OCXO switch (LPS-1.2) > Zenith SE > tX-USBultra (SR-4) > Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ (JS-2)
  • Mutec Ref 10 reference clock > tX-USBultra

After listening on the baseline config, it was time for some comparisons.

Comparison 1 - Swap SR-4 with one rail of SR-7 to power tX-USBultra:  To be honest, I was not expecting much of a difference here, given our findings in Chicago. Not so this time! As good as the SR-4 is, this was a noticeable improvement. In the vibraphone solo, the notes took on an almost luminous tone, the texture of the instrument was more palpable. Beyond that, the sense of the space (the Pawnshop club) was much more real. There was a lot more micro-detail - background conversation, movement, etc. Finally, the image seemed more spacious. I always describe this effect as a sharpened focus, as if you have a cleaner, sharper lens into the music.

Comparison 2 - now use the 2nd rail of the SR-7 to power the Brooklyn DAC+ in place of the JS-2: This was even more of a jump in SQ! Everything I described above improved even more. There was significantly more palpability and excitement to the space. The key additional ingredient was another bump in dynamics. To describe this, focus on the immediate aftermath of the vibraphone solo starting right around 4:00. The chords by the piano, double bass, and drums now just throb with energy. It's hard to describe how the same music I was listening to in the baseline config just has a new level of energy and excitement to it. Since this scenario is using both rails of the SR-7, I was vigilant for the excess bass we heard in Chicago. There was none. Bass was tight and satisfying.

Comparison 3 - now go back to SR-4 to power the tX-USBultra: The point of this experiment is to address the finding from Chicago. Does using both rails of the SR-7 compromise the SQ? How does SQ change when replacing one of them for the SR-4? Answer: the SQ degrades approximately the same magnitude as the improvement in comparison 1.

Tentative Conclusions:

• Despite the superlative performance delivered by the JS-2 and SR-4, the SR-7 found a way to improve on it quite significantly. Now I understand why @romaz speaks so highly of this PSU!
  • I did not hear any noticeable SQ penalty for using both rails of the SR-7 in the chain. This is contrary to what was observed in John's system. Perhaps the use of DR in both rails of Eric's system provides a level of resilience from cross-rail intermodulation noise.
  • While I could not isolate and evaluate the sonic impact of DR and XL, there is no doubt the combination of SR7, DR, and XL results in a PSU par excellence!

Over the next few weeks, I'll revisit this and add more findings from running the SR-7 in Eric's system. Stay tuned!

Thanks for that comparison with the SR4.  

While I think an SR7 would have been overkill for my system it nevertheless rankles that I no longer have the opportunity to buy one new.  I don‘t expect to see many on the used market, and wouldn’t expect to see much (if any) depreciation when I do see one.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

Austinpop,

Nice choice of music for your listening test. I have the first Proprius Jazz at the Pawnshop recording on vinyl and CD. It is one of my test records of choice for testing vinyl equipment. There is tremendous presence and dynamic scale in this recording.

Str-1,

There are several cancelled order SR7 power supplies available that may be suitable for the applications you were considering. E-mail me and I will endeavour to help if possible.

Regards

Paul

Design and manufacture of high performance power supplies

15 hours ago, Blake said:

Thanks for the link.  I just ordered one.  I only read a few pages of this thread but it seems like people are pretty jazzed about the improvements so hey, I'll roll the dice.

Me too...I will bite.  

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Following recommendation from @lmitche i did ordered the gotham cable and i did built one DC cable  used it between my uptown LPS1.2 and  the SOTM USB hd .

I was floored by the result i got even though before i was using a canare 4S6with JSSG 360 . The gotham is significantly better and brings more shade of tonal colors than the canare even though the canare was already significantly better than the ordinary cable.

Quite amazed at how one simple DC cable  changes the music in my system .

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis

On 6/29/2018 at 1:23 AM, Blake said:

Next project, trying out the Sablon Audio USB cable and Ethernet cable.  The fun never ends in this hobby.

Up until now my lack of technical chops had put me off. Though I need to admit being very intrigued by @austinpops efforts and method. More on that in a minute.

Just ordered two JSSG360 from Ghent. 

One standard DC-DC for my LPS-1.2 to TX-USBultra. 

The other DC to Hirose HR10 thingy for my SPS-500 to sCLK-OCX10 

Looking forward to trying out @lmitcheJSSG360 inspiration for myself.

Question for Larry, Rajiv or the gang. 

So it looks like I have the DC part covered but I've been thinking about the other obvious suspects. In my case that would be the 1 metre LAN cable between switch and server, the 2 x 1 metre USB cables from server to TX-USBultra and onwards to DAC. And the 1.5m clock BNC cable. 

Even with Rajivs simple method the lengths of the cables seems a bit daunting. Not to mention the concern over vandalising some fairly expensive (and attractive) cables. 

The ethernet cable is the Sablon which ironically just displaced the Ghent JSSG Lan cable that served me very well to date. 

The USB cables are the Curious and the Sablon Reserva. Both of separate the power from the data with a separate run. An exposed copper wire for the Curious. A separate covered run for the Sablon. If you look closely at pic there are two runs, each separately covered. 

Any thoughts on whether these USB cables having separate power and data runs is likely to be a factor if applying JSSG360 to them? 

Are my concerns on the length of the cables justified? 

Also Rajiv, how reversible do you think your JSSG360 approach is? These are fairly expensive cables if I botch it?

Cheers, 

Alan 

PS Ghent is a pleasure to deal with and very reliable, for those considering ordering from him. 

images.jpeg

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

4 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

Up until now my lack of technical chops had put me off. Though I need to admit being very intrigued by @austinpops efforts and method. More on that in a minute.

So it looks like I have the DC part covered but I've been thinking about the other obvious suspects. In my case that would be the 1 metre LAN cable between switch and server, the 2 x 1 metre USB cables from server to TX-USBultra and onwards to DAC. And the 1.5m clock BNC cable. 

Even with Rajivs simple method the lengths of the cables seems a bit daunting. Not to mention the concern over vandalising some fairly expensive (and attractive) cables. 

The ethernet cable is the Sablon which ironically just displaced the Ghent JSSG Lan cable that served me very well to date. 

The USB cables are the Curious and the Sablon Reserva. Both of separate the power from the data with a separate run. An exposed copper wire for the Curious. A separate covered run for the Sablon. If you look closely at pic there are two runs, each separately covered. 

Any thoughts on whether these USB cables having separate power and data runs is likely to be a factor if applying JSSG360 to them? 

Also Rajiv, how reversible do you think your JSSG360 approach is? These are fairly expensive cables if I botch it?

Cheers, 

Alan 

PS Ghent is a pleasure to deal with and very reliable, for those considering ordering from him. 

images.jpeg

The JSSG or JSSG360 process  is completely reversible and the host cable is not modified, just covered.  I have done 17 foot cables with continuous JSSG.

6 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

Cheers, 

Alan 

images.jpeg

1 hour ago, d_elm said:

The JSSG or JSSG360 process  is completely reversible and the host cable is not modified, just covered.  I have done 17 foot cables with continuous JSSG.

Yes exactly, you’re not changing or modding the underlying cable in any way.

Try it, and remove if you don’t hear a benefit.

Materials, geometry, etc. - i.e. whatever makes a great cable sound great — still matter. This is what I like about the JSSG 360 approach. You can enhance the SQ of a cable you already like.

On 6/28/2018 at 10:49 PM, austinpop said:

The piece is Limehouse Blues from Jazz at the Pawnshop. I have the 24/192 version. From about 3:00 to 4:00 is a vibraphone (?) solo, followed from 4:00 onwards by a set of chords on piano and double bass. Take a listen if you want to familiarize yourself with it. I'll wait. ?

Great track! ?

7 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

The USB cables are the Curious and the Sablon Reserva. 

What is the cost of the Sablon usb and Ethernet?  I assume we buy direct from them?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

1 hour ago, elan120 said:

with a 3.3V linear regulator to power Conner Winfield OH4 OCXO.  Below are few pictures to show the mod.

You really need to use something much lower noise than your typical 3.3V regulator to power Oscillators like those.

Something like the Pink Fish Media (PFM)  "Flea" for example.

A 3.3V .5A LT3045 would probably work quite well there too.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

A 3.3V .5A LT3045 would probably work quite well there too.

Don't wanna be Captain Obvious but the picture was actually show LT3045-A

http://www.ldovr.com/product-p/lt3045-a.htm

LT3045 in series might work even better. For instance, a Chinese seller was offering this one powered by 18650 with 5V output and we could add another LT3045 after that

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=565126246341

OH4 only requires 4 mA

http://www.conwin.com/datasheets/cx/cx259.pdf#page=3

56 minutes ago, seeteeyou said:

Don't wanna be Captain Obvious but the picture was actually show LT3045-A

http://www.ldovr.com/product-p/lt3045-a.htm

LT3045 in series might work even better. For instance, a Chinese seller was offering this one powered by 18650 with 5V output and we could add another LT3045 after that

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=565126246341

OH4 only requires 4 mA

http://www.conwin.com/datasheets/cx/cx259.pdf#page=3

I mentioned the PFM Flea because it may have less short term voltage drift due to the time constant of the reference voltage to the low noise opamp. It also has pre-Regulation.

The circuit would need a slight modification for 3.3V though.

Yes, a Pre-regulator may do better with the LT3045.

fleapower.bmp

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

On 1/2/2017 at 4:50 PM, jelt2359 said:

I used these instructions for Windows 10. Works perfectly. Has screenshots and everything:

How to set up and manage a Network Bridge connection on Windows 10 | Windows Central

in short, before bridging, check your (outside internet adaptor)'s IP address, default gateway etc etc. Mine is connected to the internet via a USB adaptor "Ethernet 1", and my laptop's ethernet port "Ethernet 2" feeds an fmc setup which feeds my SMS-200. So I copy the details for "Ethernet 1".

After collecting this info, select both network connections, right click and bridge. Then right click the bridge (a new icon will appear for it) and to to IPv4 settings and update with the info for "Ethernet 1".

You should be all set!

Apologies for the silly question, but at what point should I be able to see the SOtM 200 in network connections?  I only see the two adapters on the Windows 10 computer's motherboard in the network connections.   I also cannot reach the SOtM using http://eunhasu when connected directly to the Win10 computer.  Don't know if that's telling of anything. 

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Front ends:

Digital: Sonore ultraRendu or SOtM 200 ultra Trifecta --> LKS MH-D004

Analog: Clearaudio Performance DC --> Rogue Triton

Back end: SMc Audio VRE-1C --> SMc Audio DNA125 Platinum Plus-->Stealth Dream v10 cables --> Ridge Street Audio Designs Sason speakers, dual Rhythmik F12SE subs

On 6/29/2018 at 6:34 PM, Bruce Orr said:

I appreciate all the great work and feedback on the Gotham. Below is my chain. Where all can I benefit? 

Modded FS108 switch (LPS 1.2) >

Zenith SE> Lush >SoTM txUSB Ultra (LPS 1.2) > Lush> Moon 280D DAC

Bruce,

You can benefit in 4 places:

1. the 2 DC cables from your LPS-1.2s to the switch and tX-USBultra
  2. the Lush cables.

For 1, you can always just buy Ghent's Gotham offering. 2 is still DIY, but if I can do it, anyone can.

BTW - any update on your dedicated line install?