IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

On 11/24/2019 at 3:47 AM, mikicasellas said:

I knew from the beginning warm in time would be at least 150 hours and due to the silver DC cable perhaps even more, i am aware of that and i appreciate your feedbacks gentleman...just trying to find out about your experiences of your SR4s out of the box outperforming other PSU such as the HDPLEX 200, a situation that is not the case here and the addition of the Silver cable could also be an important thing here, all my cables are copper, due to my speakers , amp and DAC being revealing enough items, it is just that i had the impression that it would be leagues above the HDPLEX out of the box...

I will follow suggestions in order to warm things up here with this baby...

Thanks !!

I don't have SR4 but I read audiobacon review that SR4 take advantage from power cable.  I did try SR4 but with wireworld and I don't like the sound with this cable I prefer my lps1.2 using Ghent Neotech DC at that time I don't try my other power cable that I like with SR4 .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
22 hours ago, Johnseye said:

For those with a JCAT USB XE, I had issues powering it with an LPS-1.2 after about a month it just stopped working.  I'm powering it with a PHD SR4T and it's working again. Looks like it needs a little more current.  Hopefully 2A is enough.  I'd rather not be using the SR4T to power this card if anyone has any cost effective recommendations.

I thought using PHD you wouldn't want to use anything else. Do you think the sound did not improve much when changing from LPS to PHD?

• 2 months later...