IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2018 at 4:17 AM, flkin said:

That would be euro11,100 excluding  shipping. 

I added a 1T SSD for an additional euro 609 with top cables 

I also have a 2.16 but configured a bit differently/less than flkin.  I opted to add my own 1TB SSD, and only have I2S card for output, 3 OXCO clocks, standard cabling, fuses and IEC connector.  It sounds fantastic.  I paid 7000 euro, including shipping to California.  I had my own Roon license so that was subtracted.  The unit shipped in a very well constructed and protective multi-ply custom crate.  Total weight shipped was 42Kg!

18 hours ago, flkin said:

That must be a special price as the basic unit without clocks or extra cards or shipping is already euro6990. Your spec isn't all that different from mine.

How and when did you get it?

I've had it for a 5 weeks.  I guess I was better at negotiating. ;)

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2019 at 8:05 PM, austinpop said:

So far, I have tried

1. -b 2097152:2097152 -a 52428800:4::
  2. -b 1048576:1048576 -a 26214400:4::
  3. -b 524288:524288 -a 13107200:4::
  4. defaults (nothing in the Euphony expert field)

Only 4. is glitch free. :(

So the answer lies beyond.

Perhaps Roon 1.7 changed things.  I'm a bit late to the game of experimenting with SL.  However, I'm running -b 2097152:2097152 -a 52428800:4:: as a start and haven't had any issues for 30 tracks, internet radio, skipping, playing continuous...sounds good, better than Roon straight. - Nevermind, it's glitching.

I may go higher on buffers as I've got plentiful RAM.  

For what it's worth, I've been exceedingly happy with my Pink Faun 2.16 that appears to be a contender with the Taiko Extreme at ~1/4 of $.