IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

55 minutes ago, tedwoods said:

It will have eight ports... That's all that was disclosed to me. :D

I’m just going to say this out loud and see if i can get something right. :D

1. 8 ports so it most likely be base on DLink, Netgear, TPLink or Zxytel.

2. It will be based on smaller size of their sclk-ex since you don’t need that many lead for switch.

3 with option master clock input 

4. 9v / 12v jumper

5. Price at $999 w $200 master clock option.

6. Come with wall power supply for 9v

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, spotforscott said:

Very interesting findings. I am going to have some learning of my own next month. I have ordered a couple of things from Linear Solutions Design:

* OCXO Switch with custom LPS

Modded Oppo 203 with the following Linear Solutions upgrades:

* LPS: Nichicon KA Caps/ M-Cap upgrade

* OCXO Clock 

* New custom wiring throughout with 7N OCC Copper 15Pin 
* Furutech FI-06 NCF IEC upgrade  
* EMI treatment

* Aluminum Stabilizer

I will be testing it against my Trifecta set up. Attraction to modded oppo player is optical output to Chord DAVE. Hope is that my Sonic Transporter i7 (bridged) connected to the Linear Solutions OCXO switch, feeding the modded Oppo player via ethernet cable with optical out to the DAVE will hold its own against the Trifecta - using USB connection to DAVE. 

Will be testing using a direct connection from DAVE to hi-efficiency speakers (very transparent set-up) and with recently broken in Abyss Phi headphones.

I will be sure to report back on findings...

Thx @spotforscott I just checked, they didn’t mention anything about modded Oppo on their site, I had a 105 was always thinking about improving the clock and LPS, but just couldn’t find one in the USA that can do it with clock other than oppomod version. Email sent let see what happen.

4 hours ago, MNG said:

Thanks for your posts, although I’m still confused - easily done with this stuff for me. It seems that phase noise and jitter are essentially the same thing, just different ways of expressing against either time or frequency. Is there a tangible difference at all - t seems not - or could it simply be that the term ‘phase noise’ is being used instead of jitter in relation to these Master Clocks as a marketing angle rather than anything else? Certainly, it plays better with our focus in recent times on removing ‘noise’ of various persuasions from our systems and is likely more effective in a marketing sense than the term ‘jitter’ which many modern DAC’s claim to control very well and ‘noise’ is a much easier word to relate to than jitter for most people.

Yes, they are the same thing, just represent differently. Phase noise is measure in frequency domain often found in chip involve in frequency measure , while jitter is measure in time domain often found in dac/adc chip measure. And I remember there is way to covert those 2 measurements as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...