IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

I have a GUI installation of Windows 2016. I have tried all differents ways possible but couldn't make it working ... In fact I see the problem: when I create the bridge, the new connection doesn't receive an IP Address from the DHCP. I can manually configure the IP Address but that doesn't work either. If I do exactly the same on Win2012 or Win10 on the same computer, that works directly. So, that could be related to a driver problem of my Intel server mainboard. Does someone have similar problems when trying to create a network bridge in Win 2016?

Thanks in advance,

I was able to establish a network bridge in Win Server 2016, the exact same way as in windows 10. Using DHCP for all ports. I am using the onboard ethernet port and a PCI E ethernet card for the bridge. I know you were asking if someone had similar problems, but I don't remember anybody saying that they definitely got it working with Server 2016. So it should be possible. Sorry, I do not know how help. Hopefully, someone else will have some ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile