IGNORED

Leaving Mac after 25 years, need help!

nevetsseel

After 25 years of being a dedicated Mac user I am moving to Windows 10.

The problem I am having is finding replacements for TAG which I used for metadata editing, and of course XLD for Mac which does not appear to be available for Windows.

So, what is everybody on Windows 10 using for these two tasks please?

JRiver Media Center can do everything you want in a single app.

very true -- excellent library manager and player in one application.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Another candidate to consider is MUSIChi Suite. Cheaper than JRiver it can do anything you want. Rip, Tag, Play music.

An advantage over other software is that it can handle multiple libraries against only one that all other software players support.

And the Tagger is based on open source libraries, which means than tagging can be done lighting fast, if an album is already tagged by others. Of course, it also connects with FreeDB, amazon as additional metadata locations.

It has a 30 days trial period.

I use both Roon and JRiver Media Center. Completely different tools that accomplish different things.

Hey Chris, I do not see the point of burdening the machine with a full media centre software package, that I would never use other than to later metadata, or am I missing something?

Hey Chris, I do not see the point of burdening the machine with a full media centre software package, that I would never use other than to later metadata, or am I missing something?

you don't have to run jriver all of the time -- you could just use jriver for library management and let roon do its thing as a media server.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

+1 for Tag & Rename. I've been using it for years. I find its interface to be more intuitive than mp3tag.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I'd recommend Mediamonkey gold for power users.

I recently went the other way, from Win to Mac and found finding a decent tagging app with scripting support really tough. In the end I opted for YATE but it was the category of software that I found most difficult to replace when moving from Win.