IGNORED

DSpeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core and SPDIF output - bypass does nothing?

Hi!

If there is any other Anti-Mode users who uses it as a room correction and pass music to external DAC via S/PDIF, does "Bypass" button anything?

If I connect my CDP to Anti-Mode and use it as a DAC and use it's analog output to output music to my amplifier, pressing bypass button makes clear difference. However, if I connect my CDP to Anti-Mode and send its output to Audiolab M-DAC which goes to amplifier, there is much more bass and pressing bypass seems not to do anything or very, very small changes.

Am I doing something wrong? Should it even do anything when outputting to S/PDIF? Is room correction in use at all then?

I had one. If you mean you are using it for room correction in pure digital mode in and out before your DAC, then hitting bypass should pass signal with no room correction, compensation, filters, equalization, etc. you should hear a difference if it's leveling the standing waves. Best thing would be to put your question to the Finns at dspeaker. They will answer in a day, I predict. Just pose the question precisely. They have great customer support!

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

I had one. If you mean you are using it for room correction in pure digital mode in and out before your DAC, then hitting bypass should pass signal with no room correction, compensation, filters, equalization, etc. you should hear a difference if it's leveling the standing waves. Best thing would be to put your question to the Finns at dspeaker. They will answer in a day, I predict. Just pose the question precisely. They have great customer support!

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

I think 'bypass' omits the correction - you're bypassing the dsp and sending and uncorrected signal through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk