IGNORED

Oppo Mod Providers, reference upcoming Oppo 205

jjkale

• 3 weeks later...

My LPM (linear power module/PSU) it will provide linear power to the digital stage/board of the both models 203 and 205. This new LPM is already in production now, and it will come out even before the 205 model it will be launched. As soon as i will have assembled this new LPM, I will present it here. Mainly there is about the same approach as for 105 models, but adapted to the different voltage, and internal dimensions of these new models.

A second important improvement for the new Oppo UDP series, it will be for the clock system. As usual Oppo use in its design cheap resonators to clock the main chips. My approach it consist in a centralised clock signal issued by a main SAW oscillator, as all system powered by battery.

It still to be appreciated improvements for DAC and post DAC analog signal processing (stereo/multichannel stages), after the device it will be launched and more design details it will be known.

There is a important issue about the multichannel stage: the improvement of this stage/board it become quite expensive, as all the 8 channels it have to be improved, in addition to the multichannel DAC and its power/clock system.

Does anyone have any recommendations or references for Oppo Mod service?

I am interested in the upcoming 205.

Multichannel analog output is my main focus.

I am familiar with Modwright so no need to comment on their service.

Happy New Year!

Given both cost and performance results, I wouldn't personally consider anyone other than Modwright for this purpose.

JC

My main idea for improving of these Oppo devices, is to improve the core/base of the systems, but not only the analogue output stage of the DAC... I may say that my improvements are the most complete, targeting key parts of the system, while keeping the final price at a quite low level (comparing with other mod providers).

The power system in a device it have a crucial impact over the final signal quality, no matter it is video or audio, and over the whole device functionality. Also the same level impact it have the quality of the clock system. At least the clock system is strongly affected by the same (core) power system... My clocking approach is based on battery power.

After these power systems improvements are implemented (including DAC chip power system), then one can do something and much more effective about the post DAC analogue signal processing, to increase even more the final audio quality...

These (pictured hereby) are my main improvement stages: linear power, clock board and final analogue audio stage.

New LPM version - DLC 1.jpg

ClockBoard.jpg

stereo board MOD.jpg

• 3 years later...