IGNORED

Uptone JS-2 or Vinnie Rossi Mini Pure DC 4EVR?

tboooe

I've had mixed results with the Vinnie Rossi MINI PSU.

In my headphones setup, changing from JS-2 to MINI for my Aries Femto resulted in an audible SQ step-up, but at my friends place, changing from Auralic LPS (16V) to MINI (12V) for his Aries Femto resulted in an audible SQ step-down. The lesson I learned is that whether a given piece of gear can benefit a specific system is often impossible to accurately predict in advance, and usually needs to be confirmed by actual listening.

I'm working on adding a Furman Elite 15 PFi power conditioner into my headphones setup, and afterwards plan to do another comparison between JS-2 and MINI for my Aries Femto. SQ results have been more than satisfactory with either PSU, and it was only with A/B comparison that a difference was heard.

Just remember that using a power conditioner in front of the MINI will not do anything.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Just remember that using a power conditioner in front of the MINI will not do anything.

Understood. I was thinking of the gear not powered by Vinnie Rossi MINI or UpTone LPS-1, such as my DACs (Auralic Vega & Schiit Yggdrasil). My DACs are currently connected to AC through DIY toroidal balanced transformers, so eager to learn how the Furman with power factor correction compares.

I even got myself a Topaz isolation transformer, but it arrived "raw" and I haven't gotten around to wiring it up yet.

• 6 months later...

Anyone using the Rossi mini pure?

I would like to power my Lumin D1 with it.

I recently switched to a Bakoon DAC-21 that is off the grid.

It handily beat all the money and effort I put into Entreq power and grounding conditioning for my previous DACs.

Waversa hub > Lumin S1 > Bakoon HPA-21