IGNORED

TNT Podcast question

In the TNT podcast, Chris talked about the DIRECT mode on a AVR or reciever. As a Marantz AVR owner, I have been confused about adding an external dac to the Marantz. So, as Chris explained in the podcast, I can add an external dac to the avr using the Direct mode in the avr. Will I still hear the Marantz sound or the ext dac sound as the avr amp will still be used.?

Slightly less confused.

greyscale

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

Direct mode usually bypasses all DSP/EQ capabilities from the receiver. Pure Direct mode will turn off the display lights and bypass the video circuit board. I have the 7007 receiver. I started with a Peachtree DACit. Then added the Musical Fidelity V-link192 to that chain. I would listen to this in direct mode. I preferred this over Marantz's internal DAC. Then I bought the Bel Canto 2.7 DAC. The receiver is now connected to this DAC in Home theater bypass mode. I love this setup.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet