IGNORED

An Annoying Roon Problem - lost local search

MarkS

I suddenly cannot search my local library. When I click the magnifier in the top right corner of Roon nothing happens, I just get the Roon icon moving around in the middle of my screen forever. If I enable Tidal, then Tidal is searched. Before today, when I searched, search results would return for my local library and for Tidal and I could click on the Local Library or Tidal from the search results to select one or the other, but somehow now search is not looking at my library or no longer can find it.

I do have access to all of my music in Roon (1000 albums local) and see everything there and can select and play fine. This is very odd (and frustrating too). I am hopeful that someone has an idea. I've spent a good deal of time looking for a setting in Roon and searched on the Roon website, but I am coming up empty.

I am running Roon on a Synology D916+ as server with music located on a volume on the same NAS (/volume1/Multimedia Files) and have control from an iMac and an iPad. Both the iPad and iMac behave the same (i.e. no search).

Finally, I did a force rescan of my library today, but I am not sure why that would impact search. I am suspicious, however, that the rescan is the culprit, but I am still not sure what to do to fix this problem.

Any help much appreciated.

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

Looks like the database files are broken..? How long has Roon being installed and running?

Conjecture : NAS often go to 'sleep' at the wrong time, and if Roon is searching and updating, the disks spin down at the wrong time, corrupting the data stream of the database.

If the original music files are there and intact then the problem is within Roon. I would research how best to remove Roon and reinstall (and search) and avoid disk spin down in the NAS.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Yes, I saw it. I simply needed to stop and restart Roon on the NAS.

Thanks so much.

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.