IGNORED

Dac Or streamer? Exogal Comet plus?

I was not sure where to post this. Right now, I am using an HP I7 laptop, Intona, w4s recovery into a w4s dac2.

I have enough money to either get a good streamer like Auralic Aries ( femto) or a dac. I was thinking a Exogal Comet plus or something else as long as its nice sounding. What would I be better off upgrading first? What's going to give me the better sound until I can change both? Dac or streamer??

Side note, I do have another dac on order from 2013 or 2014. Its been a long time so I have forgotten when exactly it was ordered but, it is a LH labs Vi tube dac. Because its been so long and I have no idea if it will ever get built or shipped ( Indiegogo early backer).

So, I am on the fence. What would give me the biggest difference in sound? Streamer or dac at this point? Or should I just keep waiting for the VI tube dac and forget about buying another dac?

Thanks for the opinions.

Den: Kef LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Lumin D1, Cayin SCD50T, Jolida D9, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7 IC

Livingroom: T+A PA1530 r Integrated Amplifier, Innous Zen MKIII, L.K.S audio MH Da004, Tyler Acoustics Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal IC, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 Speaker cable. 

I've had numerous DAC's n my time, but I recently bought a Lumin D1.

The difference to me is like 'night and day'. The Lumin makes 'music'. My previous DAC made good quality noise. The Lumin is now 'it'. That is, until I audition an S1 ;-)

Take from this what you will, but (some) streamers are severely underrated. I couldn't be happier with my Lumin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I looked up the Lumin. Interesting unit with a lot of positive for it especially for the price. The T also looks interesting... Might need to find a local place to audition it.

Den: Kef LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Lumin D1, Cayin SCD50T, Jolida D9, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7 IC

Livingroom: T+A PA1530 r Integrated Amplifier, Innous Zen MKIII, L.K.S audio MH Da004, Tyler Acoustics Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal IC, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 Speaker cable. 

I was not sure where to post this. Right now, I am using an HP I7 laptop, Intona, w4s recovery into a w4s dac2.

I have enough money to either get a good streamer like Auralic Aries ( femto) or a dac. I was thinking a Exogal Comet plus or something else as long as its nice sounding. What would I be better off upgrading first? What's going to give me the better sound until I can change both? Dac or streamer??

Side note, I do have another dac on order from 2013 or 2014. Its been a long time so I have forgotten when exactly it was ordered but, it is a LH labs Vi tube dac. Because its been so long and I have no idea if it will ever get built or shipped ( Indiegogo early backer).

So, I am on the fence. What would give me the biggest difference in sound? Streamer or dac at this point? Or should I just keep waiting for the VI tube dac and forget about buying another dac?

Thanks for the opinions.

If I had to choose I would get a MicroRendu first and then a Chord Mojo later.

The price of the Aries or the Lumin is the price of both the MIcrorendu power supply and Mojo so if I went that route I could get the MRU and mojo at the same time. I will research the mojo.

@kelly200269 are you using an external power supply with the D1? I found a dealer within 45 min of me in IL. I am going to arrange to hear it next week. He said the Sbooser power supply makes a huge difference on the D1 to the extreme that you cant hear a difference between the D1 and the T1

@kelly200269 are you using an external power supply with the D1? I found a dealer within 45 min of me in IL. I am going to arrange to hear it next week. He said the Sbooser power supply makes a huge difference on the D1 to the extreme that you cant hear a difference between the D1 and the T1

Yes, I'm using the MCRU LDA Linear Power Supply for the D1, which is made here in UK.

I think it makes a massive difference to the D1. The D1 was already sounding great before I added the separate power supply, but now really sings :-)

I think the Sbooster should have a similar effect, from what I've read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk