IGNORED

Vienna Philharmonic New Year's Concert Stream?

Hi Guys - Anyone know anything about the Vienna Philharmonic New Year's Concert stream? Where to get it, what quality it's in, etc...

Are you sure there is an official live stream? I haven't seen any.

In Europe, many national TV chains transmit it live, you're probably able to pick up one of their streams. These unfortunate usually tend to be quite poor audio quality.

Note that in any case you'll need to get up very early (or just get it right from your New Year's Eve party), this is being played at 11am Vienna time, which makes it 4am your time if I'm not mistaken.

On a side note, I'm curious how Dudamel will handle this. I'm not a big fan of him in general, but his Latin energy may me just the thing we need for Strauss er al.

Are you sure there is an official live stream? I haven't seen any.

In Europe, many national TV chains transmit it live, you're probably able to pick up one of their streams. These unfortunate usually tend to be quite poor audio quality.

Note that in any case you'll need to get up very early (or just get it right from your New Year's Eve party), this is being played at 11am Vienna time, which makes it 4am your time if I'm not mistaken.

On a side note, I'm curious how Dudamel will handle this. I'm not a big fan of him in general, but his Latin energy may me just the thing we need for Strauss er al.

Or on radio. I usually listen to the New Year Concert live on the BBC Radio 3 online feed. As I'm in the U.K. I can listen to the HD aac feed, which actually sounds very good upsampled to DSD512 via HQPLayer.

Obviously I'd prefer it if there was a higher resolution feed available from Vienna.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile