IGNORED

FURUTECH AC-1501 IEC FILTER...that is the question

newton

Don't be so naive yourself George. Nobody is forced to purchase anything and nobody is forced to forget caveat emptor or due diligence. People who purchase anything do so because they want to.

So, if you buy from me a bottle of grain alcohol with castor oil mixed in with it, because I convinced you that it will cure your cancer, you say that you're not being naive?

Sure people buy what they think they want or think they need, but the question is who or what made them want or "need" what they are buying? Most people buy this audio snake oil without ever having tried it before buying. Cables are bought because of reviews and manufacturers advertising. They don't know whether this crap will make their systems sound better or not. They buy it 'hoping' it will improve their sound and, because of expectational bias, it does. And that's not being naive?

Chris, we're just going to have to agree to disagree about this particular subject.

George

So, if you buy from me a bottle of grain alcohol with castor oil mixed in with it, because I convinced you that it will cure your cancer, you say that you're not being naive?

Sure people buy what they think they want or think they need, but the question is who or what made them want or "need" what they are buying? Most people buy this audio snake oil without ever having tried it before buying. Cables are bought because of reviews and manufacturers advertising. They don't know whether this crap will make their systems sound better or not. They buy it 'hoping' it will improve their sound and, because of expectational bias, it does. And that's not being naive?

Chris, we're just going to have to agree to disagree about this particular subject.

No worries George.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

its fun to read that you know everything about everything o always know best,

And everyone should follow your ideas,

and most fun of all is that it is more or less the only you who complains all the time on everything

its fun to read that you know everything about everything o always know best,

And everyone should follow your ideas,

and most fun of all is that it is more or less the only you who complains all the time on everything

Indeed, perhaps you would do well to heed facts, and leave mythology behind. :)

George

and how do you know that I do not have the facts

Because of what you post here. Somewhere along the line, you drank the KoolAide. Perhaps you aren't electronically knowledgeable, and that's understandable. We can't all be electronics engineers, technicians, or physicists. Look, I don't want to argue with you over this, I have 40 years of experience dealing with this stuff from all angles. I have tested hundreds of components, worked in the area of wire and cable in aerospace, I have sold high-end audio equipment, I have designed custom amps and preamps. I don't post anything here that I'm not reasonably sure is true. If you don't want to accept what I say, that's fine. it's your privilege to do so. All I ask is that if you don't like what I say, just tell me so, and move on. There are lots of people on this forum who are really smart and really knowledgeable; and certainly smarter than me. If you keep an open mind, listen to these experts, you can learn a lot. That's the beauty of a site like this.

George

The thing I find frustrating about all of these discussions (whether regarding cables, filters, outlets, etc.) is that when you listen to a group of the supposed "professionals" who design and sell these things discuss what they are doing and why they are doing it, there is virtually no agreement on cause and effect or on what or how to measure "better."

I do not doubt that there exists bad, good and better in these items, but I have yet to see anyone lucidly explain the connection between their particular design (when that design supposedly incorporates a series of design decisions each made to improve audible properties) and a meaningfully improved sonic output.

By comparison, there are a number of discussions on this forum where specific principles are being tested and validated and where I do see meaningful forward progress in sonic benefit as a result of implementing the results of those discussions. The use of better power supplies, the use of fiber for isolation, and the elimination of ground leakages being reasonable examples.

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

Because of what you post here. Somewhere along the line, you drank the KoolAide. Perhaps you aren't electronically knowledgeable, and that's understandable. We can't all be electronics engineers, technicians, or physicists. Look, I don't want to argue with you over this, I have 40 years of experience dealing with this stuff from all angles. I have tested hundreds of components, worked in the area of wire and cable in aerospace, I have sold high-end audio equipment, I have designed custom amps and preamps. I don't post anything here that I'm not reasonably sure is true. If you don't want to accept what I say, that's fine. it's your privilege to do so. All I ask is that if you don't like what I say, just tell me so, and move on. There are lots of people on this forum who are really smart and really knowledgeable; and certainly smarter than me. If you keep an open mind, listen to these experts, you can learn a lot. That's the beauty of a site like this.

nice to hear god has spoken

over and out

if you need to brag about everything you worked with,

That explains all about you,,

Feel sorry for you

The thing I find frustrating about all of these discussions (whether regarding cables, filters, outlets, etc.) is that when you listen to a group of the supposed "professionals" who design and sell these things discuss what they are doing and why they are doing it, there is virtually no agreement on cause and effect or on what or how to measure "better."

I do not doubt that there exists bad, good and better in these items, but I have yet to see anyone lucidly explain the connection between their particular design (when that design supposedly incorporates a series of design decisions each made to improve audible properties) and a meaningfully improved sonic output.

By comparison, there are a number of discussions on this forum where specific principles are being tested and validated and where I do see meaningful forward progress in sonic benefit as a result of implementing the results of those discussions. The use of better power supplies, the use of fiber for isolation, and the elimination of ground leakages being reasonable examples.

+1!

George

I would guess that "professionals" in this situation refers to audiophile and boutique manufacture's engineering & marketing departments.

Yet the true professionals would be scientists and engineers who are involved in the subject. They understand and write about what really matters.