IGNORED

FURUTECH AC-1501 IEC FILTER...that is the question

newton

Do you think it can reduce the dynamic or strangle a power amplifier? 15A...declared[ATTACH=CONFIG]31854[/ATTACH]

Do you have a hum coming from your amp? I don't mean from the speakers but from the power transformer inside the amp. If not, this probably won't do anything for you. Depending on what amp you have, you may already have the filter in the amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

no..I'm considering a power strip with this Iec inside and I'm wondering if it could be a bottle neck in my system, that's all.

Should not be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

not wanting to promote a product but I had good reduction in hum from my balanced isolation transformer to almost nothing. There are a few reasons for humming being an issue. A loose transformer sections, broken-down varnish, loose case ect. With DC bias/ Offset, this causes hum on the Transformer. Initially I got it as the IT is in the bedroom so not wanting disturb the wife. But apart from silence I got a nice boost to SQ.

This is the cheapest one I can find and the work is excellent and under priced..

There might be a waiting time for parts ..but cheap in this game.

http://www.atlhifi.com/shop/fully-assembled-devices/dc-blocker-trap-filter-assembled-in-case/

If it's an issue give this a look.... I filter with an Isotek plug pre filter..Nice gains but not huge. Your own power in your area /home depending. .

More or less.. Balanced Isolation transformers the greater by far..

Good luck

Dave

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Do you think it can reduce the dynamic or strangle a power amplifier? 15A...declared[ATTACH=CONFIG]31854[/ATTACH]

Be EXTREMELY wary of anything with the name Furutech on it. At the very best, it will be overpriced, and at worst it will be snake-oil; i.e. a cure for a problem that likely doesn't exist (like magnetically polarized vinyl records!).

Filters like the one above, built into IEC chassis connectors can be had from a number of sources for just a few bucks each . TE Connectivity sells one exactly like it for less than US$6 while Furutech wants US$75 for their version!

https://www.powell.com/documents/pdf/TEBrands/Corcom/EEJ.pdf

George

Be EXTREMELY wary of anything with the name Furutech on it. At the very best, it will be overpriced, and at worst it will be snake-oil; i.e. a cure for a problem that likely doesn't exist (like magnetically polarized vinyl records!).

Filters like the one above, built into IEC chassis connectors can be had from a number of sources for just a few bucks each . TE Connectivity sells one exactly like it for less than US$6 while Furutech wants US$75 for their version!

https://www.powell.com/documents/pdf/TEBrands/Corcom/EEJ.pdf

I use Furutech silver plated copper Teflon shielded mains cables for all audio AC infeed use.Despite bare open connections in the air not tarnishing over a two year period in an extremely aggressive humid environment, I would conclude that the SPC is working, like some surplus aircraft spec Teflon cable I bought in the 80's is still untarnished.

As far as their AC cables go, I highly recommend Furutech.

George, just because the price is over the top, doesn't mean there's snake oil. Spare parts are priced at spare parts prices, this is not unusual and is also geographically weighted on price. The same filter from CDJapan is USD33. The gold plated version is cheaper at USD25.

The Furutech as a minimum has Rhodium plating, the TE may be nickel or tinned copper, not stated... You gets what you pay for.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

I use Furutech silver plated copper Teflon shielded mains cables for all audio AC infeed use.Despite bare open connections in the air not tarnishing over a two year period in an extremely aggressive humid environment, I would conclude that the SPC is working, like some surplus aircraft spec Teflon cable I bought in the 80's is still untarnished.

Are audiophiles the only hobbyists in the world who actually brag about getting ripped-off?

As far as their AC cables go, I highly recommend Furutech.

Since a "boutique" mains cable does nothing that a $2 generic IEC cable won't do, why would you waste money on one?

George, just because the price is over the top, doesn't mean there's snake oil. Spare parts are priced at spare parts prices, this is not unusual and is also geographically weighted on price. The same filter from CDJapan is USD33. The gold plated version is cheaper at USD25.

I said be WARY OF Furutech, I didn't say AVOID them. But none of this "over engineering" such as gold plating connectors has any effect on performance. It's just these boutique audio manufacturers way of justifying their high prices.

he Furutech as a minimum has Rhodium plating, the TE may be nickel or tinned copper, not stated... You gets what you pay for.

...Often less, but never more!

George

Since a "boutique" mains cable does nothing that a $2 generic IEC cable won't do, why would you waste money on one?

George, wrong, again, you ignoramus! A $2 3 core AC cable is made of copper and PVC to cover. The reason I chose the Furutech, in my location, humidity is high during the summer. For the benefit of those reading the post, plain untreated copper cable forms chemicals with the humidity and temperature, and wicks the moisture up the cable innards and creates a joint with high resistance. The silver plated copper is immune to these chemical effects, so that's why I use it.

Did I say the furutech improved the sound? NO. Get off my case about being ripped off, BS.

Wary, avoid, come on, make up your mind.

George, wrong, again, you ignoramus! A $2 3 core AC cable is made of copper and PVC to cover. The reason I chose the Furutech, in my location, humidity is high during the summer. For the benefit of those reading the post, plain untreated copper cable forms chemicals with the humidity and temperature, and wicks the moisture up the cable innards and creates a joint with high resistance. The silver plated copper is immune to these chemical effects, so that's why I use it.

Yeah, that chemical is called copper oxide. It appears on the outside of copper cable whether you live in a high humidity area or not. It's just that high humidity causes more oxidation. However, it does not appear where the wire is covered, only where it is bare, and it's only on the surface of the conductors, not inside, and since the Romex in your walls is the same copper, they have the same oxidation. Have you replaced your house wiring with Furutech wiring as well? Also mains plugs and sockets make air-tight connections, so they don't corrode either as long as they are plugged-in. And since 50-60 Hz mains current is so low of a frequency there is no skin effect, so the wire doesn't care about the oxidation. So, who's the ignoramus now?

Did I say the furutech improved the sound? NO. Get off my case about being ripped off, BS.

If your exorbancy is so delicate that you'd rather be cheated than wrong, then have at . I guess I made the mastake of thinking that you might like to know that Furutech is a classic snake-oil vendor. But I guess not. Have it your own way. I'm through here....

Wary, avoid, come on, make up your mind.

Wary means be careful. Avoid means stay away from. I don't get your point?

George

Yeah, that chemical is called copper oxide. It appears on the outside of copper cable whether you live in a high humidity area or not. It's just that high humidity causes more oxidation. However, it does not appear where the wire is covered, only where it is bare, and it's only on the surface of the conductors, not inside, and since the Romex in your walls is the same copper, they have the same oxidation. Have you replaced your house wiring with Furutech wiring as well? Also mains plugs and sockets make air-tight connections, so they don't corrode either as long as they are plugged-in. And since 50-60 Hz mains current is so low of a frequency there is no skin effect, so the wire doesn't care about the oxidation. So, who's the ignoramus now?

If your exorbancy is so delicate that you'd rather be cheated than wrong, then have at . I guess I made the mastake of thinking that you might like to know that Furutech is a classic snake-oil vendor. But I guess not. Have it your own way. I'm through here....

Wary means be careful. Avoid means stay away from. I don't get your point?

Oxidation can be remedied using gas tight crimps, however there is always a path where the copper is exposed unless there's a silicon goop that keeps the moisture out. My house wiring is a Romex type, since in wall rules require different cable types. The receptacles for the audio system are fitted off with gas tight crimplugs.

Anyway, pointless discussing $2 cable with 50c reliability and hopefully you're gone, goodbye and HNY.