IGNORED

Running filters for room eq on pc?

There are also similar programs like Audiolense and Accourate.

Here's a good list and summary:http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/AudioTools/RoomCorrection.htm

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Maybe I dont understand the question but JRiver also has some good convolution and EQ features. I actually use JRiver convolution to check the actual room response of the filters I create using REW.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

no, exactly what i meant. it seems all my music these days is coming out of a pc. so why should i buy a box from miniDSP that's just going to do an a/d conversion, apply the eq, and do another d/a conversion after that. It seems the sensible thing to do would be to apply the eq to the original digital signal before i send it out the usb port. Thank you for the link to the well tempered computer site. Now I have to decide which one to use. Maybe I should post a poll to see what people use? But then I think there will be a significant amount of bias in the respondents - how many people have used more than one eq??

Win10 PRO->PPANG USB->Gustard X20->Jotunheim->Sanders magtech monoblocks->3.7i

no, exactly what i meant. it seems all my music these days is coming out of a pc. so why should i buy a box from miniDSP that's just going to do an a/d conversion, apply the eq, and do another d/a conversion after that. It seems the sensible thing to do would be to apply the eq to the original digital signal before i send it out the usb port. Thank you for the link to the well tempered computer site. Now I have to decide which one to use. Maybe I should post a poll to see what people use? But then I think there will be a significant amount of bias in the respondents - how many people have used more than one eq??
Many of us. Perhaps you should just search on this forum (and/or others) by the names of the various options.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile