IGNORED

what software do you use to edit your audio ?

gaia

Depending upon the nature of the editing, I mainly use Vegas Pro 14, Sound Forge Pro 11, or iZotope RX-5 Advanced...and sometimes bring to bear plug-ins such as Voxengo CurveEQ. For some fairly complex editing tasks, I have used all of the mentioned applications on a single project. (...Such as for mapping the hybrid EQ of Steve Hoffman's 44.1k/16 DCC CD of Joni Mitchell's "Blue" and of a 96k/24 needle drop of the original Reprise vinyl of "Blue" onto the HDtracks 192k/24 of "Blue". For full disclosure, I used predecessor releases of the current Vegas Pro, Sound Forge Pro, iZotope RX Advanced, and CurveEQ for that specific project.)

Depending upon the nature of the editing, I mainly use Vegas Pro 14, Sound Forge Pro 11, or iZotope RX-5 Advanced...and sometimes bring to bear plug-ins such as Voxengo CurveEQ. For some fairly complex editing tasks, I have used all of the mentioned applications on a single project. (...Such as for mapping the hybrid EQ of Steve Hoffman's 44.1k/16 DCC CD of Joni Mitchell's "Blue" and of a 96k/24 needle drop of the original Reprise vinyl of "Blue" onto the HDtracks 192k/24 of "Blue". For full disclosure, I used predecessor releases of the current Vegas Pro, Sound Forge Pro, iZotope RX Advanced, and CurveEQ for that specific project.)

hi

i like soundforge but it's still in 32bit ,isn't it? i tried to install the trial on w10 but i got an error something is missing framework v2??

about iZotope RX-5 Advanced is pretty exansive !

i'm tring Acon Digital Restoration Suite

and i like the EQ fabfilter Q2

thanks

iMac sierra 10.12.6, mabook pro sierra 10.12.6 , iphone 6S

i like soundforge but it's still in 32bit ,isn't it?
True, Soundforge Pro is 32 bit. I'm running it on Windows 7 Professional 64 without problems.

On the iZotope RX, I started out with RX-2 Standard, then when RX-3 (Standard and Advanced) came along, I got a good price from iZotope on the upgrade and for limited time introductory pricing. Since that time, I've been getting upgrades (for Vegas Pro, Sound Forge Pro, and for RX Advanced) while introductory pricing is still in effect for new releases.

I cannot really recommend this approach to most people because it's not quite cheap to carry out. But I like tools, and I find that better tools give me wider horizons for the kinds of things I can take on. And all this is a form of fun for me. I also learn a lot in the process.

True, Soundforge Pro is 32 bit. I'm running it on Windows 7 Professional 64 without problems.

On the iZotope RX, I started out with RX-2 Standard, then when RX-3 (Standard and Advanced) came along, I got a good price from iZotope on the upgrade and for limited time introductory pricing. Since that time, I've been getting upgrades (for Vegas Pro, Sound Forge Pro, and for RX Advanced) while introductory pricing is still in effect for new releases.

I cannot really recommend this approach to most people because it's not quite cheap to carry out. But I like tools, and I find that better tools give me wider horizons for the kinds of things I can take on. And all this is a form of fun for me. I also learn a lot in the process.

hi

but does soundforge asks to install Microsoft .NET Framework 2 or something like that ??

have you tested EQ fabfilter Q2 or Acon Digital Restoration Suite ?

do you know i would like to listen some samples edited only with iZotope RX ?

have you bought only the plugins or the standalone application too?

thanks

I use Adobe Audition CC which does just about everything I need it to do. I also use Ozone rarely.

For utilities I use R8brain to covert sample frequencies and dbpoweramp to convert files from one format to another.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

but does soundforge asks to install Microsoft .NET Framework 2 or something like that ??

have you tested EQ fabfilter Q2 or Acon Digital Restoration Suite ?

do you know i would like to listen some samples edited only with iZotope RX ?

have you bought only the plugins or the standalone application too?

I don't honestly recall if Soundforge Pro asked to install .NET Framework 2, or something like that. I'm pretty sure the upgrade to Soundforge Pro 11 didn't ask. If Soundforge did ask me at one time, the Soundforge installation disk also supplied the .NET Framework it might have required. At this time my Win7 Pro 64 system is at .NET Framework 4.6.1 .

I never knew about EQ fabfilter Q2 or Acon Digital Restoration Suite before your posts in this thread. I have not used them, though the fabfilter seems interesting and I may give it a try at some point.

For EQ matching projects I have the mentioned Voxengo CurveEQ, but also Har-Bal 3.7 (recently upgraded from my prior version). One thing to be aware of concerning CurveEQ and Har-Bal is that they both sum left and right channels to a mono track for EQ matching (though Har-Bal offers more sophisticated EQ control). Har-Bal is more affected by phase in its sum to mono. If, say, left and right channels are identical but exactly opposite in phase, Har-Bal sums the left and right sides together to a null result. CurveEQ effectively sums the absolute values of the left and right sides. So using my example the two sides sum to a mono signal with 2 times the amplitude of either side when using CurveEQ. (Har-Bal and CurveEQ summing mechanisms confirmed by my own tests.)

I have done only one audio restoration project in the past (though I think I have a few cued up). I found at the time that Diamond Cut DC8 gave me better and easier restoration results than iZotope RX2 Standard. Recently my Diamond Cut has been upgraded (again at an introductory upgrade price) to DCForensics 10, which I expect will give me much more professional and exacting results. (Unfortunately, full price DC Forensics is not cheap, the same way RX Advanced is not cheap.)

I must say the Ardour that Miska brought up looks very interesting.

you may try audacity. It's one of the best.

hi

i use it ,but it's not one of the best ,it's a great software Free , it opens every type of files

i use sometime for easy editing , but for example with audition you can add several vst and effect and continue to listen your audio and changing in real time

my favorite is wavelab but it costs too much

i guess there is a version of audition (the new cool edit) free on the adobe servers like photoshop cs2

Me seems for different tasks need different tools.

For sound quality control recommended learn (measure) abilities of each editor (and plugins) before using.

As example check open sources like that SRC Comparisons

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

Me seems for different tasks need different tools.

For sound quality control recommended learn (measure) abilities of each editor (and plugins) before using.

As example check open sources like that SRC Comparisons

hi

nice link!

i agree , i want to talk about your (al the users ) favorite audio editor for general use

i agree that every task needs a specitific program

for sure i wanted to try AuI ConverteR 48x44 even the best vesion is pretty exansive

and i want to convert some vinyl to cd , i want to try some new tools

i have always used audition with some plugins

thanks

I use Pyramix to do my rips, and Izotope RX3 Advanced for editing. Started like darkmass with RX2 standard, and moved the upgrade route. Haven't had the need to go beyond RX3 Advanced for the stuff I do. Since I am not a recording or mastering engineer, just a hobbyist, I found that hiring a top engineer to teach me how to use the software and to write a few macros for me was well worth the cost. These days, many of these folks are available, just need to ask.

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

I use Pyramix to do my rips, and Izotope RX3 Advanced for editing. Started like darkmass with RX2 standard, and moved the upgrade route. Haven't had the need to go beyond RX3 Advanced for the stuff I do. Since I am not a recording or mastering engineer, just a hobbyist, I found that hiring a top engineer to teach me how to use the software and to write a few macros for me was well worth the cost. These days, many of these folks are available, just need to ask.

Larry

hi Larry

Pyramix 10 is a multi track yes? do you use to rip ?, but is there something good like Izotope RX Advanced but cheap

thanks

hi Larry

Pyramix 10 is a multi track yes? do you use to rip ?, but is there something good like Izotope RX Advanced but cheap

thanks

I use an older Pyramix - it does multi track, but I only use it for stereo rips with a Merging Mykerinos card and Pacific Microsonics Model Two (dual wire at 192/24). You can get regular Izotope RX for less money. Depends on what you want to do with it. Advanced gives more features. Never looked at alternatives to Izotope, since at the time I started, the other options were more expensive and my consultant recommended Izotope RX. Good luck.

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

I've not tried it but the free Adobe Audition CC appears to be a full-featured DAW at the right price:

Free audio recording, editing software | Download free Adobe Audition CC trial

hi

it's a nice program but you can't buy anymore , you need to pay a subscription, at the end you own nothing

the nice point that you can use photoshop + lightroom for few bucks , or premiere cc

but if you need a software to keep and buy , you have to get the free version

ps goldwave is a nice program

i like mostly editor and not multi tracks editors

thanks