IGNORED

the fastest way to burn in a usb cable...

newton

any suggestion?

Roasted with Chestnuts over a warm Christmas fire... :)

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

Install it and run a signal through it non stop for a week or two. You can turn the amp off or mute the speakers when not listening, just keep the signal going through. Others say the cable needs "rest" periods, so do the same thing with 12 hours signal on, 12 off. You'll need to double the length of time for the burn in.

Install it and run a signal through it non stop for a week or two. You can turn the amp off or mute the speakers when not listening, just keep the signal going through. Others say the cable needs "rest" periods, so do the same thing with 12 hours signal on, 12 off. You'll need to double the length of time for the burn in. And ignore the dweebs.

Say what? Cable needs a rest period...Lol

I'll take two of whatever those people are ingesting :)

Make sure the rests are crotchets or things could go out of sync, quaver too short, minim too long.

Say what? Cable needs a rest period...Lol

I'll take two of whatever those people are ingesting :)

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

I always recommend breaking in new USB cables with a color printer for a few months.

+1, I use a $10,000 USB cable on my HP printer. I get blacker blacks and whiter whites....no wait, the whites are whiter with Tide.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

Troll. However, I'm sure there's plenty of people who get stressed over such thing. My "break in theory" with all things is "is break in how you use it". Hook the cables up and use them. Hook the speakers up and use the. etc. If the newer item is not sounding better than the items you are replacing "out of the box", then it's the wrong component (assuming that is why you are replacing). You may LEARN to like it over time, however, IMO that is not from breaking in. Breaking in will open it up a tad and you may like something better. However, the general characteristics should show itself right off the bat.