IGNORED

George Michael (Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou) 1963-2016

Norton

From the BBC: "Singer George Michael has died at his home at the age of 53.

The star, who launched his career with Wham! in the 1980s and had huge success as a solo performer, "passed away peacefully" on Christmas Day in Goring, Oxfordshire, his publicist said.

His manager, Michael Lippman, said he had died of heart failure.

Former Wham! bandmate Andrew Ridgeley said he was "heartbroken at the loss of my beloved friend"."

From the BBC: "Singer George Michael has died at his home at the age of 53.

The star, who launched his career with Wham! in the 1980s and had huge success as a solo performer, "passed away peacefully" on Christmas Day in Goring, Oxfordshire, his publicist said.

His manager, Michael Lippman, said he had died of heart failure.

Former Wham! bandmate Andrew Ridgeley said he was "heartbroken at the loss of my beloved friend"."

A big part of the music of my youth :(

Very nice to see all the stories today of his generosity and philanthropy - seems in addition to being a talented musician / performer, he was also a very kind and generous person.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Hey everyone -

I do not post too often but do read threads almost every day. With sad news of George Michael's passing I felt I would share one of my all time favorite music performances - not just by GM but of any artist. It dates back to a 10th anniversary special for MTV and truly showcase what a great talent GM was (is really as we can always listen to the songs whenever we want)

Here is the link. There do not appear to be and good copies of this recording so please forgive quality. Even if you did not care for GMs albums give this a try - it blew me away back in college and does to this day.

Link

BTW, could not figure out how to do an embed like every one else. Can someone point me in the right direction. i tried a number of things and all I could display is raw code and no embedded video. Thanks.

My System: McIntosh C47, McIntosh MC152, McIntosh MCT450, Prima Luna Dialogue Premium Tube Integrated, Dynaudio Special 25's, Transparent Super Interconnects and Speaker Cables

• 2 weeks later...