IGNORED

Audirvana tricks and tips

wgscott

I found a useful one yesterday:

I have some stuff in my iTunes library that I don't want displayed in Audirvana, but I don't want to get rid of it. I haven't been able to find a useful way to hide an album or a track in Audirvana. (Please tell me if there is one).

I found if I change the extended attribute that hides a file or directory in the Finder, it will very quickly disappear from Audirvana's display, without otherwise harming the directory or file.

For example, I wanted to hide this cringeworthy set of albums that my daughter insisted I buy, but I want to keep them in iTunes so she can stream them:

chflags  hidden   ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes\ Media/Music/Beethoven\'s\ Wig

to undo it,

chflags  unhidden   ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes\ Media/Music/Beethoven\'s\ Wig

Here's another one. I find that the Dirac AU plugin works better with Audirvana if I check the "Realtime AU control and setup" box (contrary to what you might want to do, based on Audirvana's instructions for how to use AU plugins):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31818[/ATTACH]

I have found the same. Without checking "real time", the Dirac plug-in doesn't start until a couple seconds into the first song on an album, but with "real time" checked, it starts right away.