IGNORED

Chromecast Audio DAC limitation

I saw here in the spec of AKM AK4430 192kHz 24-Bit Stereo DAC in the Chromecast Audio

http://www.akm.com/akm/en/file/datasheet/AK4430ET.pdf

So why it is limited at 96 KHz ?

I never any see a true technical reviews on this device to stream 16/44 comparing to Auralic Aries mini ( cost benefit )

Too cheap to be reviewed ?

Marantz SA14 S1 & PM14 S1 Special edition

KEF LS50

Nordost blue heaven ( source, speaker, power, USB, QBase4)

Chromecast Audio

Audirvana, A+, mac book pro

Nope, certainly not here. If you do a search on this site you'll find the vast majority of comments are positive:

Computer Audiophile - Basic Bit Perfect Testing Of The $35 Chromecast Audio

Chromecast Audio (Analog and Digital Outputs) $35

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/tidal-now-has-chromecast-support-29113/

Darko (on DAR)'s main issue is that the Chromecast Audio doesn't support gapless (when streaming contiguous audio file tracks), which is fair enough.

We will win because our NHS is the beating heart of this country. It is the best of this country. It is unconquerable. It is powered by love.

-- Boris Johnson

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Thanks for the links, yes I read most of these and the comment below sum it up well, but the conclusion is rather subjective :

"It's not high end by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not meant to be high end. In addition to testing, I listened to the Chromecast Audio a little bit and think it sounds like a good $35 audio device. Most people on the planet will be 100% satisfied with the sound quality"

I am looking more for a formal lab test a la Hi-fi news connected to whatsoever DAC, my question is what is the "sound quality " of the 24/96 we received ?

Eventually Do I have to buy a Auralic Aries mini or apple or value for money 25 $ is not that big ?

Marantz SA14 S1 & PM14 S1 Special edition

KEF LS50

Nordost blue heaven ( source, speaker, power, USB, QBase4)

Chromecast Audio

Audirvana, A+, mac book pro

• 2 weeks later...

???

What's audio files are you streaming and what method are you using exactly (eg software & device it's running on)?

Can't see any issue if you are using one of the tried & tested methods mentioned in the links above (my last post), unless you are really unlucky & have some compatibilty problem with your particular DAC.

We will win because our NHS is the beating heart of this country. It is the best of this country. It is unconquerable. It is powered by love.

-- Boris Johnson

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

• 7 months later...