IGNORED

Corrupted dsf files

Bryan

Excuse my rather long-winded post which follows:

I have a moderate size dsf library. Only two of my dsf albums have become corrupted over time, and/or it could be possible one or more of my storage drives where files reside have flaws causing issues specific to these dsf files, but my storage devices checkout to best of my knowledge as being AOK. My dsf files of Blood on the Tracks puts track eight to play first ahead of other tracks and track two and three, besides now being out of proper playing order, have some brief distortion at beginning of tracks. I have not previously had any issues with my files, PCM or dsf. The issue seems to be specific to playback on my DAP with suspect dsf files played off a Scan Disk Micro SD card (which is all but two months old purchased off amazon from authorized seller - so likely no counterfeit).The second corrupted dsf recording is Yo Yo Ma with/playing soundtracks from Ennio Morricone movies. These dsf files are rips with Sony Playstation. The Morricone dsf files only have one bad section lasting a couple seconds and this corruption started years ago. The Blood on the Tracks dsf corruption in tag order of track and distortion on a couple tracks is a new issue. I would not care so much about just two recordings if they didn't happen to be among my favorites. I am at a loss how to correct/replace the dsf files in error. Best bet would be to find someone who has these two recordings ripped from SACD files. Of course 192/24 PCM and maybe DSD Blood on the Tracks can be bought online, but the Yo Yo Ma/Morricone recording is currently unavailable in DSD or even hi res PCM. I certainly don't want to purchase pricey software just to correct two albums ripped to dsf. Suggestions/help appreciated. Happy holidays one and all.

“Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Steve Bannon

Chief Strategist for President Trump and attendee on United States National Security Council.

I resolved the Blood on the Tracks issue after posting. It was indeed a tagging issue requiring some additional effort to work around. The Yo Yo Ma Plays Morricone dsf files remain a problem and it is nothing to do with tagging. Anyone have these files? I need just one, two tracks from this recording in dsf. The album is not available for DSD download, or for that matter not in PCM high resolution either. It really is a wonderful recording in substance and better yet with sound quality in DSD.

“Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Steve Bannon

Chief Strategist for President Trump and attendee on United States National Security Council.