IGNORED

From analogue- Home Cinema System to >>computer based AV representation?

Hi there audio-folks!,

I'm from The Netherlands so my English language skills will not sound sound all to much to some of you.

Today I own Hi-Fi, which comprises of: (Italian) Unison- CDE, Sinfonia and Max1. (the audio-source (tubes), amplifier and 94 Db sensitivity loudspeakers respectively)

I just started with audio and this set has cost me (second hand) a considerable amount of do's, yet. Still I have no adequate cables.

Since reading about the attractive idea of computer-based audio- and video representation (via active speakers (preferably XLR) and the PC connected to a beamer) I've been creating this idea of how I would like to have this new system build up. Since I'm am very much interested in physics and the like, building my own PC would be something I want to try out. I'm not all that technical or whizzy with computers or electronics whatsoever.

This is my idea:

- 2 x Genelec 8260a. Connected via XLR to a XLR-connector type of audiocard from the (yet to build) PC.

- a beamer (up to (max.) USD 2,000) connected via a yet to define type of connector to this same PC.

- PC with great (enough) specs and insulated AV-cirquits

This system seems very simple and highly suitable to the room, and easily set-up in other settings.

I really like the idea of (M_2) SSD based audio storage which would be quickly accessible for playback for daily use, and watching movies in quality with friends some times (and endless lectures and astronomy-documentaries... ).

I subscribed to this website because I wanted to know what others would think of this system, and if they have suggestions and ideas. One of the things I want to know is wether the 8260a's will live up to my Italian smooth sounding Max1's and if I will really enjoy the sound-quality from this system if I build it properly (I'm motivated to complete it with adequate cables (power chords included)).

I'm a nitwit, ... but does anyone has an idea? :)

I would greatly appreciate it!

-Samo

Hi there audio-folks!,

I'm from The Netherlands so my English language skills will not sound sound all to much to some of you.

Today I own Hi-Fi, which comprises of: (Italian) Unison- CDE, Sinfonia and Max1. (the audio-source (tubes), amplifier and 94 Db sensitivity loudspeakers respectively)

I just started with audio and this set has cost me (second hand) a considerable amount of do's, yet. Still I have no adequate cables.

Since reading about the attractive idea of computer-based audio- and video representation (via active speakers (preferably XLR) and the PC connected to a beamer) I've been creating this idea of how I would like to have this new system build up. Since I'm am very much interested in physics and the like, building my own PC would be something I want to try out. I'm not all that technical or whizzy with computers or electronics whatsoever.

This is my idea:

- 2 x Genelec 8260a. Connected via XLR to a XLR-connector type of audiocard from the (yet to build) PC.

- a beamer (up to (max.) USD 2,000) connected via a yet to define type of connector to this same PC.

This system seems very simple and highly suitable to the room, and easily set-up in other settings.

I really like the idea of (M_2) SSD based audio storage which would be quickly accessible for playback for daily use, and watching movies in quality with friends some times (and endless lectures and astronomy-documentaries... ).

I subscribed to this website because I wanted to know what others would think of this system, and if they have suggestions and ideas. One of the things I want to know is wether the 8260a's will live up to my Italian smooth sounding Max1's and if I will really enjoy the sound-quality from this system if I build it properly (I'm motivated to complete it with adequate cables (power chords included)).

-Samo

Welcome Samo, I don't know about an XLR soundcard, maybe an XLR USB Dac would be better such as the Parasound ZDac v2. It includes a volume control so all you would need is to plug in your USB cord.

As for adequate cables I would recommend Mogami Gold Neglex XLR cables for those genelecs. Those speakers are often matched with those cables in pro studios. As for power cords I think they are significant on my active speakers and PC. Mogami cables should be easy to find in the Nethrlands. I think Audioquest power cords is available in Netherlands but I don't know. I use AQ power cords on my powered surround speakers and like them.

Hi there audio-folks!,

This is my idea:

-Samo

Try contacting these guys

Remkes beeld & geluid