IGNORED

Chord MOJO - A to Micro B - USB

Who's making audiophile cables to go between computer and the Mojo? I was just getting ready to order a wireworld starlight 7 when I realized they only sell USB A to Mini B, not Micro B. Anyone making audiophile grade cables in this configuration?

Thanks

No Disc

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

I found what I was looking for. Curious cables makes one for the Hugo and Mojo, called the link.

Buy

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

I simply used the appropriate Audioquest adapter so that I didn't have to buy a USB cable.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

I ended up making a cable. It is so short I was not too concerned about impedance matching. I went with Jupiter 23 AWG silver wire in cotton twisted pair for the data wires, and Jupiter 23 AWG copper wire in cotton with straight run (no twist) for the power and ground. Soldering to the Micro USB is for the steady of hand only! I reinforced the terminations by potting in epoxy, and sealed the cable from oxygen contamination (the cotton insulation is totally permeable) by a simple wrap of Kapton tape. Covered it with tech flex and heat shrink for the ends, and I have a very nice sounding 3" cable.

The Curious is probably the best commercial cable for use with the Mojo... I love my short Curious link with my µRendu and DIY DACs in the main rig.

Listening to today's NIN release via the Mojo as I write this...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

The Curious is probably the best commercial cable for use with the Mojo... I love my short Curious link with my µRendu and DIY DACs in the main rig.

I wanted this to be the case with my Mojo, but the more expensive Audience Au24 SE won out over the Curious link. The Curious USB cables are really good for the price though.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

I wanted this to be the case with my Mojo, but the more expensive Audience Au24 SE won out over the Curious link. The Curious USB cables are really good for the price though.

kenny: I was not aware that the Audience was available with micro USB? Or do you use an adapter... I would never use an adapter.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

kenny: I was not aware that the Audience was available with micro USB? Or do you use an adapter... I would never use an adapter.

I had mentioned above using an adapter. The Mojo was just a short-term solution in the big rig, so I didn't want to purchase a cable with a micro USB connector. A Hugo TT recently took the place of the Mojo.

With the Mojo I actually used adapters on both ends. Even with the adapters the Mojo punched way above its weight. It easily beat the DAC that preceded it, a Mytek 192. And the Mojo also held its own against a DAC costing 10x as much.

• 1 month later...
I found what I was looking for. Curious cables makes one for the Hugo and Mojo, called the link.

Buy

Hi mate, sorry to reply to a really old post of yours.

When using the Curious Hugo/Mojo Link, can you use the charge port at the same time? Or is the Curious Hugo/Mojo Link too big to have a charging cable plugged in, next to it?

Many thanks in advance

There is enough room to charge the mojo at the same time, I cannot say about the Hugo as I never had one.

Hi mate, sorry to reply to a really old post of yours.

When using the Curious Hugo/Mojo Link, can you use the charge port at the same time? Or is the Curious Hugo/Mojo Link too big to have a charging cable plugged in, next to it?

Many thanks in advance

There is enough room to charge the mojo at the same time, I cannot say about the Hugo as I never had one.

Thanks ! It's for my Mojo. That's great to hear. The photo of the Curious Hugo/Mojo Link looked like a larger microUSB and might block the charging port. But it must be a standard size if there's no issue with charging at the same time.

As long as the USB power cable connector is not larger than this one, you should not have any problems. I have a few here and they all fit fine.

uSky4D.jpg9V4tTA.jpg

Thanks ! It's for my Mojo. That's great to hear. The photo of the Curious Hugo/Mojo Link looked like a larger microUSB and might block the charging port. But it must be a standard size if there's no issue with charging at the same time.

As long as the USB power cable connector is not larger than this one, you should not have any problems. I have a few here and they all fit fine.

uSky4D.jpg9V4tTA.jpg

Excellent. I'm going to use an Olimex USB isolator, the one Rob Watts mentioned. So I'll use a Regen Link from Mac>Olimex and then a Mojo Link from Olimex>Mojo

Excellent. I'm going to use an Olimex USB isolator, the one Rob Watts mentioned. So I'll use a Regen Link from Mac>Olimex and then a Mojo Link from Olimex>Mojo

Not familiar with that one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...