IGNORED

JRiver and 8 Channel Stereo playback.

I have implemented a low cost entry to recreate concert hall sound with stereo media. This works well with my system for classical music and the convolution channels may need to be reduced or disabled for non classical music. It is actually more of a personal preference as I find some actually like the large sound of concert hall with Norah Jones. However, if you are a serious classical music lover than this really worth a shot. It requires patience and a good stereo reference system to make sure you are doing it correctly.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

ConcertHall.png

I have implemented a low cost entry to recreate concert hall sound with stereo media. This works well with my system for classical music and the convolution channels may need to be reduced or disabled for non classical music. It is actually more of a personal preference as I find some actually like the large sound of concert hall with Norah Jones. However, if you are a serious classical music lover than this really worth a shot. It requires patience and a good stereo reference system to make sure you are doing it correctly.Your feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.[ATTACH=CONFIG]31700[/ATTACH]

Nice job. Have you compared it to the standard upmixers like Dolby Surround (Atmos) and Auromatic (Auro 3D)?

Nice job. Have you compared it to the standard upmixers like Dolby Surround (Atmos) and Auromatic (Auro 3D)?

This is strictly for 3D Stereo sound. Although, ATMOS and Multi channel approach can be implemented with this system but I have a dedicated HT setup for movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're able to do all this with an Intel NUC as the renderer? I have a Gallo-based 5.1 system and want to move to file-based multichannel, so I am very inerested in your setup!

Yes, I use NUC with JRiver to do this. The ultimate setup would be to integrate 5.1, ATMOS or Auro3D. It involves sending the rear channels directly from your receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk