IGNORED

Is anyone using Mac devices successfully streaming above 44.1k from Qobuz?

(With a digital hi res signal going to your hifi)

If so, please tell us how you are doing it exactly and share any pitfalls you discovered along the way.

Many thanks in advance,

Jules

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health 

Yes, using Audirvana+ with Qobuz integration. My DAC (connected via Belcanto mlink USB SPDIF) confirms the correct high res format.

You're probably aware, but Qobuznobly streams high-res on albums you purchased from them in that format. Anything else will always be redbook only.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Thanks yes I understand that it's only the purchased material playable at the hi res rates thanks. I have a few albums I bought.

But my system's inputs only has one TOS optical input and I was hoping the connection to be wireless

Chromecast Audio to optical isn't working hires for me so far. I can transmit 44.1k signal to the optical in via the CCA but something isn't working at 96k.

Is there a more robust wifi to optical system I can try?

Or I could run a some sort of USB to optical out from an old mackbook air I have kicking around and control that via Audirvana + via my iPhone?

Or get the Chromecast Audio and Sony optical TOS To talk to each other @ 96k....

I am all ears for ideas thanks.

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health 

Cool. If you pay or premium do you lose the audio ads? I have been reading their site but they aren't making that 100 clear (they refer to banner ads as well)

I am running Audirvana with Qobuz and Dirac Live. The MacBook USB output goes to a iFi iUSB 3.0 device and then to a Chord 2Qute DAC. I upsample in Audirvana to 192kHz before sending it to Dirac Live. I asked Qobuz if they stream music in high res format and they confirmed that but I am not sure about it. However I am pleased with the quality as it is now and moved recently from Tidal because of the music selection offered with Qobuz.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Yes 96 kHz which is the limit of my Chromecast Audio ;)

I am jealous! Mines not working above 44.1k

Can I please ask you to confirm.

1) are you streaming 96k purchased material directly from Qobuz?

2) or are you playing back 96k files you have from your computer drives?

(its scenario 1 I am trying to get going)

To your first question , yes from purchased material from Qobuz , directly from iPad to Chromecast ( everything above 96 is down Sampl)

for the second question, i never tried as I use USB for computer to listen above 96 purchased or DSD with Audirvana

Check your DAC ? Optical in limit ?

Marantz SA14 S1 & PM14 S1 Special edition

KEF LS50

Nordost blue heaven ( source, speaker, power, USB, QBase4)

Chromecast Audio

Audirvana, A+, mac book pro

• 3 weeks later...

i do not have sublime all i do is listen to streaming music in FLAC from Qobuz. are you guys using the term 'streaming' to mean music you have purchased as hires and downloaded to your hard drives? i am obviously not in europe and am afraid to sign up for sublime because my address is 'new france' which is what the northeast usa would have been called if the french had won on the plains of abraham-so i don't want to lose my subscription( always thought it was pretty cheeky of Qobuz to give me that address). i was able to purchase one song from the stones new blues album but it is not hires. for me hires=FLAC and am happy as a clam and love the Qobuz choices many i could never listen to here on TIDAL.

what you all think of MQA or doesn't it concern you and do any of you subscribe to TIDAL or use Audivrana A+

bobbmd

I have a Qobuz 320 kbs streaming subscription and then purchase my favourite albums in red-book or hi-res formats. I can stream these at CD quality or download them to my iPad using the Qobuz iPad app at their full resolution. I can then play hi-res files on the iPad - the iFi iDSD indicator confirms that it is a genuine hi-res stream.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile