IGNORED

Help with Moode Player

Man in a van

I'm in the process of evaluating Moode Player on behalf of a friend who would like me to provide installation assistance for him.

I have the player installed and running.

I now need to configure an Android app for a 'phone, I'm looking at either MPDroid or Mupeace (other suggestions are welcome)

What I can't find in rather time limited searching is a definitive installation guide for a Bear of very little brain.

Do I have to install anything into the Moode Player via ssh.

I would be most grateful if anyone could either; provide a simple guide, or give me a link to guide they themselves successfully used.

I have also asked this question on another forum, UK based (casting the net wide!)

Thanks

Ronnie

What's the reason for sticking to directly controlling its native MPD, Ronnie?

I'm asking because the Moode Player uses upmpdcli to provide MPD with UPnP/DLNA & OpenHome streaming support - plenty of good Android UPnP/DLNA & OpenHome controller apps out there, eg, BubbleUPnP, BubbleDS Next, Linn Kazoo, Lumin, etc. It even has a Squeezelite mode, so no excuses for not trying that one out, Ronnie!

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Well John, for a start it's not for me.

I use LMS headless and there are plenty of 'phone apps which are dead simple to use.

I have never messed with UPnP/DLNA ( I don't even really understand it).

The chap I'm doing it for wants something really simple and I thought that one of the apps I referenced would be sufficient.

As for the Squeezelite, I believe that is only in V3 and upwards.

This will be using v2.7, as after four/five fruitless hours on Friday that was the only version I could get to work (rpi3 with hifiberry digi+pro).

I was using a windows 10 pro desktop to do the set-up. (I emailed Tim about my disappointment but have yet to receive a reply).

I'll have a look at some of the stuff you mentioned.

Merry Christmas (just put my Mother's tree up for her. AAhhhhh.....)

Ronnie

It may be worth posting the RPi3 issue on the main Moode Player thread. Moode's developer usually responds quite quickly. Having said that, I've just noticed by amazing coincidence someone has recently posted something very similar, unless it was your friend :)

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-23858/index42.html#post613869

Merry Christmas to you too, mate!

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

BubbleUPnP, BubbleDS Next, Linn Kazoo, Lumin

Just briefly tried these four John, they all find my LMS but no sniff of Moode.

However a wammer have told me how to

just go to the Moode startup page from Chrome itself and there is a option "Add to home screen" From there, you have fully blown app

If I have no luck with the MPD stuff that will do.

Cheers

Ronnie

Yes, sorry I forgot. You'll need to switch the UPnP support on, as it's off when you first install Moode. Its web browser app should have a System Configuration screen similar to this one (not sure which version its from - looks slightly different to the one in version 3.1; got pic from the first page of that thread I mentioned):

17942d1428850181-moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-moode-r18-sysconfig.png

Accessable from the app's main screen:

17941d1428850160-moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-moode-r18-playback-proto1c.png

-- Jo Cox

We have lift off London.

I did a new download of v3.1 this evening and could configure it without a problem. (the one I used on Friday, from Tim's own site must have been corrupted somehow. Tonight I used Sourceforge and that one seems to be OK)

Anyway I enabled both the dnla and upnp (I don't really know which one I want) and then had a bash at MPDroid, with the Moode IP address and password.

That worked, I went into Settings and enable all the album art settings and it's good to go.

Tomorrow I'll check it out on a rpi3 and then post off this test rig for the gadgee to try.

I'm thinking he'll be happy with the "Add to Home" feature, but we will see.

Thanks John for responding and being helpful (not bad for a shandy drinking southerner, lol.

have a peaceful week mate

Cheers

Ronnie.

Edit: quickly tried the Linn Kazoo and that now worked as well although without any album art.