IGNORED

DS_Store corruption

ajay556

my entire 10 years of music and photos are in jeopardy. I deleted my backup to make space. But now my main external drive keeps on complaining can't find DS_store file as i attempt I copy. iTunes music is not able to play any songs.

Exact error: The finder cannot complete the operation because some data in .DS_store can't be read or written (Error Code -36)

Please HELP!!!!

Music after life

my entire 10 years of music and photos are in jeopardy. I deleted my backup to make space. But now my main external drive keeps on complaining can't find DS_store file as i attempt I copy. iTunes music is not able to play any songs.

Exact error: The finder cannot complete the operation because some data in .DS_store can't be read or written (Error Code -36)

Please HELP!!!!

Hello,

You may want to look at this page:

Can't copy folders to USB key - HELP | Page 2 | MacRumors Forums

see post #31

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

The DS_Store files can be deleted without consequence. They merely store the last view arrangement of each folder (column width, font size, etc) and Finder comment tags. I expect you can solve your problem by running a utility that deletes all the DS_Store files on your music volume. You also can do it in the Terminal as explained below, but probably not a good idea if you don’t know what you're doing because a typo in a Terminal command could delete files you didn’t intend.

https://jonbellah.com/recursively-remove-ds-store/

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7