IGNORED

Any Bluesound Vault 2 Users Out There? Thinking of buying one....My First Attempt Into A Wirless Music System

soundhd

Looking to put together a wireless music system for the home. I'm an older guy so would need a system easy to use when it comes to ripping/importing/downloading (whatever it is called to now days) my music collection.

The Bluesound Vault 2 seems to be a pretty good all in one piece of gear. Just wondering if there are any Vault 2 owners out there and if you have the time could you reply with any info good or bad about how the unit is to work with? I have very little experience with software and my only experience with computer audio is my I-Tunes and my Ipods. So again I need something easy to use.

thanks

A computer audio "newbie"

Looking to put together a wireless music system for the home. I'm an older guy so would need a system easy to use when it comes to ripping/importing/downloading (whatever it is called to now days) my music collection.

The Bluesound Vault 2 seems to be a pretty good all in one piece of gear. Just wondering if there are any Vault 2 owners out there and if you have the time could you reply with any info good or bad about how the unit is to work with? I have very little experience with software and my only experience with computer audio is my I-Tunes and my Ipods. So again I need something easy to use.

thanks

A computer audio "newbie"

I have a Vault 2. It's very easy and intuitive to use, great for storing music and for playback (you can control playback with either an Android device, a computer or an I-pad). However, ripping is slow and frustrating. I eventually got dbPoweramp and used my laptop to rip my CDs to the hard drive on the Vault 2. Sound quality is good. Looks great in the living room. Eventually, I will get an external DAC but for now it'll do.

The Vault2 is a nice piece of kit: 2TB storage, decent DAC and h.p.-amp. Ripping is not very fast, but it works fine (although you will have to use tagging software to organize your music neatly, if you want the best results).

The software is not faultless, but BS is aware of that, and working on it.

Their helpdesk is very good.

I am using the Vault2 as a streamer for my main system (I am using an external DAC), and as a nas for my MacBook (with Audirvana).

Perhaps you should visit the BS-forum, you will find a lot of info there.