IGNORED

Least Horrible Xmas music

It is that time of year again when we listen to horridly wretched music to celebrate the alleged imaginary deity-human hybrid spawn whose emergence forms the Central Dogma of a splinter-cult that succeeded (not Molecular Biology, sorry, and apologies to Sir Francis).

What do you find tolerable?

My nominations:

173226-david-grisman-david-grismans-acoustic-christmas.jpg

61fHZrDe2UL._SX300_.jpg

Also, not that this is relevant or anything, but the new dog, who just turned 1 year old, eats the ornaments off the tree.

More than tolerable - even for the non-religious

Handel Messiah

J.S.Bach Christmas Oratorio

Of course my favorite is Carpenters Christmas Portrait

Carpenters Christmas Portrait.jpg

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Charlie Brown Christmas, Vince Guaraldi - best one ever, I don't care if it has become cliche

Have Yourself a Soulful Little Christmas, Kenny Burrell

Go Tell It on the Mountain, Blind Boys of Alabama - gospel but the real deal, nothing cheesy here

Christmas, Low

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

cover.jpg

01 Merry Christmas Baby.aiff

02 Santa's Blues.aiff

03 Blue Holiday.aiff

04 Silent Night.aiff

05 Christmas Comes But Once A Year.aiff

06 Please Come Home For Christmas.aiff

07 A Song For Christmas.aiff

08 Stay With Me.aiff

09 To Someone That I Love.aiff

10 Christmas In Heaven.aiff

11 Bringing In A Brand New Year.aiff

Go Tell It on the Mountain, Blind Boys of Alabama - gospel but the real deal, nothing cheesy here

+1 for Blind Boys

Here's my fave

1993-A_christmas.jpg

I also really like this one as something to sooth the soul when I think about minority vice president-elect Pence

51I2nBUswQL._SY450_.jpg

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

... celebrate the alleged imaginary deity-human hybrid spawn whose emergence forms the Central Dogma of a splinter-cult that succeeded (not Molecular Biology, sorry, and apologies to Sir Francis).

Also, not that this is relevant or anything, but the new dog, who just turned 1 year old, eats the ornaments off the tree.

most excellent introduction

if a Golden, they were selected to have curiosity and a lot of sensory input via the mouth, teeth & tongue - besides being interesting, the ornaments are suspended like apples on a tree (my 2.5 yr old Golden grabbed a ball of Al foil out of a recycling bin last night and carried it several blocks home - I explained to him that I would trade him a nice biskie for it when I took it away)

besides a Merry Jazzmas, I may listen to the musings of Arjuna:

The Bhagavad Gita — Jacob Needleman

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

if a Golden, they were selected to have curiosity and a lot of sensory input via the mouth, teeth & tongue - besides being interesting, the ornaments are suspended like apples on a tree (my 2.5 yr old Golden grabbed a ball of Al foil out of a recycling bin last night and carried it several blocks home - I explained to him that I would trade him a nice biskie for it when I took it away)

sfr.JPG

"I like to eat tinsel off the Christmas tree. My owner isn't too happy when he has to pull it out the other end".

In the early 80s when Windham Hill became popular they had a few holiday-like or "Christmasy" albums which I though for the most part were pretty good. Been years since I've listened so not sure they'd hold up well now.

You would be alluding to WH's "A Winter's Solstice" series of CDs. They had released 5 or so different "Winter's Solstice" albums, as well as some other 'Christmas-y' stuff that I can't think of now.

Now, solo pianist George Winston's "December" is past 25 years old, and it is still a very relevant and timeless recording. Highly recommended.

You would be alluding to WH's "A Winter's Solstice" series of CDs. They had released 5 or so different "Winter's Solstice" albums, as well as some other 'Christmas-y' stuff that I can't think of now.

Now, solo pianist George Winston's "December" is past 25 years old, and it is still a very relevant and timeless recording. Highly recommended.

Yes, A Winter Solstice is it. Actually, I still have the first pressing LPs, as well as George Winston's season-themed ones.

+1 for Vince Guaraldi as well.

Not sure why this is all referred to as the "least horrible", that would infer they are all horrible but to different degrees. Some of these posts mention mighty fine music.