IGNORED

Exasound e28 Losing connection? Running very hot?

Very strange, my e28 is running very hot and loses the USB connection. Anyone else have a hot running e28 or connection issues?

Dedicated 20A>>MacBook PRO Core i7>Decibel>Metric Halo LIO8(firewire) or Exasound e28(usb)>RedCo Mogami Multi Channel Snake Balanced Interconnect Cables via DB25 Neutrik Balanced Connectors 3 pin Male XLR-Blk/Gold or BJC RCA Cables

Dedicated 20A>>Dual APC LineVoltageRegulators 1200Wx2>>McCormack DNA 1 DLX mono blocks>Mogami W3104 bi-wire>Aerial 10T v2 Mounted to SoundAnchor Stands+Spikes

Separate 20A>>Dual HSU Research 10 inch Subwoofers

If you need support contact customer service - exaSound Audio Design > About Us > Contact Us

Hi - I replied to George the other day but have not heard back. Hope everything is ok?

Dedicated 20A>>MacBook PRO Core i7>Decibel>Metric Halo LIO8(firewire) or Exasound e28(usb)>RedCo Mogami Multi Channel Snake Balanced Interconnect Cables via DB25 Neutrik Balanced Connectors 3 pin Male XLR-Blk/Gold or BJC RCA Cables

Dedicated 20A>>Dual APC LineVoltageRegulators 1200Wx2>>McCormack DNA 1 DLX mono blocks>Mogami W3104 bi-wire>Aerial 10T v2 Mounted to SoundAnchor Stands+Spikes

May I ask for the serial number of your device?

Hi George-

I want to thank you very much for your personal attention to this matter.

I do apologize for my anxious postings. It seems also that Computeraudiophile is time stamping these posts inconsistently which has created a mis-understanding between us. For example, as I type this- it is 5:51pm EDT while the time stamps on CA say 10:54pm.

I would like to clearly state that Exasound has been very professional and responded rapidly to all communications.

Very exemplary business and customer service

here is the google time stamp vs Computeraudiophile time stamps

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 5.56.38 PM.png

It seems CA forum has some sort of time stamp issue

Hi George-

I want to thank you very much for your personal attention to this matter.

I do apologize for my anxious postings. It seems also that Computeraudiophile is time stamping these posts inconsistently which has created a mis-understanding between us. For example, as I type this- it is 5:51pm EDT while the time stamps on CA say 10:54pm.

I see this post as a 5:54PM event. What time zone have you set in your settings here? GMT?

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

I see this post as a 5:54PM event. What time zone have you set in your settings here? GMT?

Thanks Kal - I fixed that. Strange that I've always had EDT and it changed to GMT.

At any rate, I believe I have figured the e28 issue out. I think...I created a new admin user with fewer installed 3rd party apps and re-installed everything from Exasound and JRiver. Seems to be working now.

In the original admin user, seems the Audio Midi interface would randomly revert back from the proper Exasound to "builtin output" but no sound would come out anywhere. There maybe a driver conflict issue

of some sort with that admin user account.

I do want to thank George who personally called me to see if he could help troubleshoot. Really great service and support :)

So far, it seems the Exasound e28 is ok. Will do a bit more testing but fingers crossed, we've got a winner here :)

Thanks Kal - I fixed that. Strange that I've always had EDT and it changed to GMT.

At any rate, I believe I have figured the e28 issue out. I think...I created a new admin user with fewer installed 3rd party apps and re-installed everything from Exasound and JRiver. Seems to be working now.

In the original admin user, seems the Audio Midi interface would randomly revert back from the proper Exasound to "builtin output" but no sound would come out anywhere. There maybe a driver conflict issue

of some sort with that admin user account.

I do want to thank George who personally called me to see if he could help troubleshoot. Really great service and support :)

So far, it seems the Exasound e28 is ok. Will do a bit more testing but fingers crossed, we've got a winner here :)

From all of that, I gather you are running with a Mac. I had annoying issues of Audio Midi changing things when external devices were powered on/off. There were other issues but since I have been running my MacMini with BootStrap/Win7, I have had stability. But, then again, I am a Win guy and am likely biased.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile