IGNORED

A streamer/dac which bests iphone>IFI DSD

So folks, newbie here so please excuse if this is the wrong sub-form to post (and moderator feel free to move). I have a rather specific but subjective question

I recently moved my main system up to a mid sized office loft. For source I currently use and iphone>IFI DSD for streaming tidal and some local play. The sound from this source, is remarkably good-which i probably attribute to the battery operation of the IFI and the stellar dac for the price installed. Anyway, I use the ifi in other parts of my house, mostly as an amp/dac source for headphone listening and im getting tired of plugging it in and out and worrying if the battery is charged with either the phone of ifi. If i want a more permanent solution, what will it take to equal or best this as a source? If tried the chrome cast audio into my schidt modi and while decent does not come close. I do not have another dac around...So how much a a spend will i need to best this set up?

Will an aries mini get me there? Or will one have to step up to the next level aurliac/aurender/lumin or spring for say a ps audio dac with streamer?

Any thoughts on the new Elac discovery (plus doc) as a easy to use midcost solution?

Thanks in advance for any assistance....

So folks, newbie here so please excuse if this is the wrong sub-form to post (and moderator feel free to move). I have a rather specific but subjective question

I recently moved my main system up to a mid sized office loft. For source I currently use and iphone>IFI DSD for streaming tidal and some local play. The sound from this source, is remarkably good-which i probably attribute to the battery operation of the IFI and the stellar dac for the price installed. Anyway, I use the ifi in other parts of my house, mostly as an amp/dac source for headphone listening and im getting tired of plugging it in and out and worrying if the battery is charged with either the phone of ifi. If i want a more permanent solution, what will it take to equal or best this as a source? If tried the chrome cast audio into my schidt modi and while decent does not come close. I do not have another dac around...So how much a a spend will i need to best this set up?

Will an aries mini get me there? Or will one have to step up to the next level aurliac/aurender/lumin or spring for say a ps audio dac with streamer?

Any thoughts on the new Elac discovery (plus doc) as a easy to use midcost solution?

Thanks in advance for any assistance....

The Aries mini is a good starting point but it's DAC section is only slightly better than the iFi. Should beat the pants off your iPhone as a source however. Plan on spending around $1k later for a separate better DAC... unless you want to take the plunge and buy an Auralic Altair ?

Regards,

Dave

Audio system