IGNORED

Introduction for a new member from London

stevie7v

(/note: Moderators, please move this post if there's a more appropriate 'Welcome' department)

My name is Steve Margolis and I am a speaker designer.Phew! I feel much better now I've got that out. Unfortunately, I've still got the habit and am, in fact, in the process on producing a new batch of speakers, including one that is really a complete hi-fi system. I've only been aware of the computeraudiophile.com forum for a few days and enjoy it so I've decided to join. My speaker company was called 'Seventh Veil' (hence my name here) and it was a complete, commercial failure. When I started I honestly believed that the hi-fi industry was about the search for truth and beauty. I soon learnt that it was more about the search for money. Still, I'm still quite proud of the products I produced and would like to show them below - as this is an introduction.

TheBoys-Mod.jpg

This was my first professional design - the Seventh Veil System IV - and was far too purist to survive. It incorporated 4 x 2" special Bandor full-range drivers, no crossovers or filters whatsoever, a transmission line built into the stand, and a non-resonant enclosure incorporating an egg-shaped interior volume.

I loved many aspects of the System IV sound but recognised its flaws.So, the next product was designed to overcome some of these flaws - and it did. This links to a brief intro:

News Flash

Unfortunately, other than being, let's say, "not the most beautiful", it proved to be impossibly expensive to produce. However, it retained many of the features of its predecessors, including special Bandor full-range drivers, no crossovers or filters whatsoever and a non-resonant enclosure incorporating an egg-shaped interior volume. This one was a sealed box design and there was a matching sub bass speaker.These are all features that I incorporate into all of my designs, including my new stuff.

Incidentally, let me make it clear that I am no longer in the business of selling loudspeakers. In fact it's been some years since my last design.

So those are my speakers and now I'm designing a new system, including Preamplifier, power amplifiers and Goldring Lenco based turntable. It's an unusual (unique, in fact) system and I'm happy to provide any details you may want to see. I'm sure this is a great place for getting all the help I may need and I look forward to joining your community.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve. Welcome to the CA community.

Designing speakers and other audio gear - not an easy job, I believe. Probably even if you live in the UK which has such a rich audio gear design and production tradition.

Wishing you the best with your new new system and hope to see many interesting posts from you.

. (EDIT)

My name is Steve Margolis and I am a speaker designer. When I started I honestly believed that the hi-fi industry was about the search for truth and beauty. I soon learnt that it was more about the search for money

Steve

Welcome. From your edited quote above, I think you will fit right in.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law