IGNORED

Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue - Best Modern Digital Recording?

Please let me know Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue - what you suggest as Best Modern Digital High Resolution Recording and performance?

Download Links would be great :)

Dedicated 20A>>MacBook PRO Core i7>Decibel>Metric Halo LIO8(firewire) or Exasound e28(usb)>RedCo Mogami Multi Channel Snake Balanced Interconnect Cables via DB25 Neutrik Balanced Connectors 3 pin Male XLR-Blk/Gold or BJC RCA Cables

Dedicated 20A>>Dual APC LineVoltageRegulators 1200Wx2>>McCormack DNA 1 DLX mono blocks>Mogami W3104 bi-wire>Aerial 10T v2 Mounted to SoundAnchor Stands+Spikes

Separate 20A>>Dual HSU Research 10 inch Subwoofers

Please let me know Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue - what you suggest as Best Modern Digital High Resolution Recording and performance?

Download Links would be great :)

Is it necessary that it be a "modern" recording? If not, the RCA SACD of Arthur Fiedler & Earl Wild's 1959 recording is a very nice sounding disc and a good performance to boot. Amazon sells the original RCA SACD for only $9.99 and Acoustic Sounds has a (differently remastered) DSD download of it for $18.98.

https://www.amazon.com/Rhapsody-Blue-American-Paris-Earl/dp/B0002XNLTW

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/110038/Arthur_Fiedler-Gershwin_An_American_In_Paris__Rhapsody_In_Blue-DSD_Single_Rate_28MHz64fs_Download

I also like the Bernstein with the NYP; it's from 1959 - is that "modern" enough? It has been remastered.

There's also an very interesting one with Michael Tilson Thomas using the original score for jazz a big band (as originally written, before it became known as an "orchestral" piece), and using George Gershwin himself as the piano soloist, via a piano roll "recording" of him playing the piano part.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

For a very nice recent high-res version, I can very much recommend Grosvenor's recording on Decca.

Note sure where you're based. While Qobuz and e-onkyo have it in 24/96, I was surprised that the typical US sites don't seem to have it, which is weird for a recent new Decca release.

Rhapsody In Blue: Saint-Säens, Ravel, Gershwin | Compositeurs Divers par Benjamin GrosvenorÂ*– Download and listen to the album

Rhapsody In Blue: Saint-Säens, Ravel, Gershwin - ハイレゾ音源配信サイト【e-onkyo music】

You'll find a very nice review here: http://www.thepianofiles.com/2012/09/24/cd-review-benjamin-grosvenors-rhapsody-in-blue/:

Grosvenor unaffectedly fuses the work’s unique combination of jazzy and classical elements, with infectious vitality in his rhythmic drive, incredibly suave sensuality in lyrical passages, and crisply articulated passages flawlessly contrasted with fluidly phrased melodic lines

Couldn't have said it better.

Not the best high resolution recording, but if you are a Gershwin fan you should look for the 1925 Piano Roll recordings of Rhapsody in Blue with Gershwin himself on piano and backed by the Columbia Jazz Orchestra with Michael Tilson Thomas conducting. They took an original piano roll, covered up all the holes except those of the piano and played that on a Steinway player piano. Then, dubbed in the orchestra. It is really fascinating and is at a much faster tempo than we currently hear. I have it on vinyl and it made it to CD although I am not sure where it is currently available. Ther are some YouTube videos of it.

Here is some information on the vinyl

https://www.discogs.com/George-Gershwin-Accompanied-By-Michael-Tilson-Thomas-Conducting-Columbia-Jazz-Band-Rhapsody-In-Blue-/release/2894964

My favorite recording is available in DVD/Blu-ray media.

Seiji Ozawa conducts A Gershwin Night

Berliner Philharmoniker (Actor), Marcus Roberts Trio (Actor)

https://www.amazon.com/Seiji-Ozawa-conducts-Gershwin-Blu-ray/dp/B00ZVSGYDI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481724200&sr=8-1&keywords=Seiji+Ozawa+Conducts+a+Gershwin+Night

In spite of my search, no release in high-resolution format was found, unfortunately.

If you rip audio tracks from the Blu-ray disk, you can obtain 48kHz/24bit PCM Stereo or 5.1.

I have a few copies (CDs) of the Michael Tilson Thomas recording of the 1925 Piano Roll recordings of Rhapsody in Blue with Gershwin himself on piano and backed by the Columbia Jazz Orchestra! It is one of my favorites, but as stated, not very hi-res.

Headphones: ZMF Atrium Closed, ZMF Bokeh, Audeze LCD-X, Meze 109 Pro, Focal Clear Mg, Noble Katana IEMs, Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed
Amp/DAC: Decware MKIII Tube Amp, ZMF Homage, Schiit Bifrost 2/64, Woo Audio WA8, Burston Playmate 2, Mytek DSD192 DAC, Cayin RU7, Chord Mojo, Fiio M11 Plus DAP
Cables: Promitheus XLR Interconnects, WyWired red cables, Meze Silver, ZMF 6.35 ofc and 4 pin xlr stock, Arctic Cable, Audio Envy Cable balanced, balanced Silver Interconnects
Other: Aurender N100H, Macbook Pro (2023) running Audirvana Studio

I must admit I'm sometimes a bit puzzled by somebody opening a thread asking for help, receiving plenty of useful advice, and then never bothering to show up again in the thread to give any kind of feedback.

Don't get me wrong, I'm always happy to help, but some form of acknowledgement would be nice.

Parenthesis closed.

I must admit I'm sometimes a bit puzzled by somebody opening a thread asking for help, receiving plenty of useful advice, and then never bothering to show up again in the thread to give any kind of feedback.

Don't get me wrong, I'm always happy to help, but some form of acknowledgement would be nice.

Parenthesis closed.

Hi - Thanks for the help. I was looking for modern recordings in hi-res and it seems the good ones were from 1925. I will look into the Benjamin Grosvenor on Decca but I am in the USA so may not be able to obtain them?

Dedicated 20A>>MacBook PRO Core i7>Decibel>Metric Halo LIO8(firewire) or Exasound e28(usb)>RedCo Mogami Multi Channel Snake Balanced Interconnect Cables via DB25 Neutrik Balanced Connectors 3 pin Male XLR-Blk/Gold or BJC RCA Cables

Dedicated 20A>>Dual APC LineVoltageRegulators 1200Wx2>>McCormack DNA 1 DLX mono blocks>Mogami W3104 bi-wire>Aerial 10T v2 Mounted to SoundAnchor Stands+Spikes

Parenthesis closed.

and I can't get it :(

Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,

"...due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country."

"...due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country."

still searching for a modern era recorded, well recorded, great performance of Rhapsody in Blue in high res for USA download :)

Have you tried Prestoclassical? Presto Classical - Benjamin Grosvenor plays Rhapsody in Blue - Decca: 4783527

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Thanks but they only have CD quality :(

Solution: VPN/proxy server. Use German server. Purchase album. Turn off VPN/Proxy server.

Download album you have paid for.

I've bought albums from them many times this way.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 5 years later...

Iiro Rnatala 2020 recording in hi-res

D8EDB00D-D628-45E4-B820-C36916CC6458.thumb.jpeg.001c6ed6cbc3a3c14ebc0a03a73e2965.jpeg

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling