IGNORED

Audirvana 2.7 (or 3.0) wish list

Musicophile

Now that A+ 2.6 is successfully out, I guess we can start another wish list for future versions of A+ so Damien has some ideas to chose from.

I'm pretty sure he has a roadmap going forward (Damien, feel free to share), but here are a couple of ideas from my side:

On the MacOS side

- General: Why is the filter/column browser limited to track mode? Would be great if the filters could apply also to album view

- Tagging: Now that multiple artists are formally supported, it would be great to be able to somehow automatically split the existing artists into multiples automatically. Mine are always separated by a semicolon, Damien, this should be relatively easy to extract into multiple artists, correct?

- Qobuz integration: Would love to be able to do shared playlists with local and Qobuz content. And the new Beta UI of the Qobuz app looks quite attractive, are there elements that can be taken into the A+ UI?

On the iOS App side:

- The search function on the MacOs side is now so much more powerful. Will this be transferred to the iOS app as well?

- I agree with the comment by many other users previously that access to the most used functions, i.e. play/stop and volume, are hidden to deep and often require several clicks to get to. it would be great if at least start-stop would always be available, and volume (or a mute button) via a one click only.

Same as last Year :

- NAA output

- LastFM scrobbler support

...and more SQ improvement, of course.

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

mRendu functionality.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

It would be quite cool if you could "swipe" to the next album in "playing" in the remote.

The ability to create "presets" for filtersettings would be a big help during evaluation of such.

Combined with the ability to chose different filters from the remote would be amasing.

In the remote under "albums" there is a vertical line with letters for quick access.

It's a bit thin so I would appreciate if it could be a few mm's wider

Same as last Year : - NAA output- LastFM scrobbler support...and more SQ improvement, of course.

.... and convolution

Fir filters intégration like in JRiver and Hq player

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

NAA output (including Audio Units processing).

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

1. Ability to edit playlist from A+ iOS remote app. (Been suggested before by many others)

2. Ability to delay playback until tracks are fully loaded into memory.

This would be massive for me. I think this would help a perennial issue I've had with A+ for years. Playback stalls three seconds from the end of the first track played.

This is when I upsample (both in PCM or DSD). It's not every time, but almost. Pausing it manually seems to help, but may not be a magic bullet either.

I imagine it's in large part because of my slow 2010 mini (8gb RAM).

I have mentioned this elsewhere, so apologies for the cross-posting... it's something I would be most grateful for.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

For me my requests are for the A+ iOS remote app using Tidal.

1) I like the A+ remote to be closer to Tidal iOS app.

2) I like to be able to jump to the artist from an album playing to access all other albums from the same artist

3) be able to have similar artist in the app like mac version

4) be able to sort Tidal albums by date released

5) have track, artist and genres radio

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

Damien

Please return the option to show ARTIST tag in list view (besides your in 2.6 new implemented 'grouped' ARTISTS tag).

You let us list SOLIST but you don't let us list ARTIST - but both of them are artists and important tags to handle with (e.g. sorting). All other audio libraries support the ARTIST tag, no?

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

+1. I am also missing the opportunity to sort on the "artist" tag. I liked it in 2.5.4. Damien explained why it was deleted, but I still do not get it. IMHO it is a change that is not an improvement... just my 2 cents.

But overall, I must say, I like 2.6. Just great stuff.

Kind regards, WAM