IGNORED

Chromebook Audio

What is a good app/program/work around to get decent sound out of a chromebook. I have a Lenovo 13.3 in G20 and the sound is limited to MP3 dross. I can use external speakers but the actual music files still suck.

I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you any understanding – Samuel Johnson

200+ views but not a single recommendation. That is depressing. Either the issue is so old no one cares to address it or there is simply no solution and no one wants to tell me....

Sigh!

I could have asked something hard, like why does Netflix play movies in french without English subtitles in France while I can get the subtitles in the USA...

I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you any understanding – Samuel Johnson

I'm not sure many people know the answer. :-) Forgive my unfamiliarity, but this is an Android OS, right? As far as I know there's a dearth of high-end music software for that. Unless an Android portable app would work. Onkyo or Neutron players? I think there's a version of Foobar for Android. That's the best I can offer.

• 8 months later...

Welcome to Computer Audiphile percy.

Thread resurrection it looks like.  

Actually VLC which is available on Chrome OS might be one of your better options.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.