IGNORED

Is There a Music Player Out There for a Wav Library?

An ideal system must play them back identically? What an open ended declaration...

Actually, I feel it is you that is confusing theory with practice. They shouldn't sound different, but for many they do. Placebo? Possibly, but that cuts both ways. If you and the others that demand that they sound the same weren't so hell bent pushing your view as fact, I might be more receptive to your theories. As it stands, the "theory" contingent appears to be the least capable of discerning differences in things, and yet appear to be the most aggressive in pushing their agenda claiming that there are no differences. Who is zooming who here?

You must be confused. Since FLAC and WAV files demonstrably contain the same actual audio data, an ideal system must play them back identically. A system that somehow makes them sound different is thus something less than ideal. If the difference is obvious, the system is must be quite badly flawed.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

I always hate when people say stuff like this as if they are mutually exclusive or something. Of course mastering is more important. I do not know about you, but I have zero clout or influence in how things are mastered. In fact, the reason why I chose this hobby was for me to replay the music I love to my best ability within the constraints I have.

If true, the issue becomes how much do you CARE. For me, the mastering of a particular album is more important than the file format.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz