IGNORED

Tidal or Qobuz on my next Altair?

angelo

I use Qobuz, as it has a large selection of classical and Jazz, my favorite musical genres, and has the sublime subscription, which offers you 30-40% discounts on most highres downloads should you decide to purchase them.

angelo, I'd suggest Tidal, mostly because of its integration with Roon. I used to have Qobuz, but their customer service sucks and, honestly, for jazz, classical and Brazilian music, I've been able to find pretty much everything using Tidal. In sum, go for Tidal, IMHO.

Walcascar[br]My system: Mac Mini > Exasound e22 (digital) > VPI Classic 3 (analog) > McIntosh C50 preamp & McIntosh MC302 amp > B&W Nautilus 802D (Cables: All Cardas)

angelo, I'd suggest Tidal, mostly because of its integration with Roon. I used to have Qobuz, but their customer service sucks and, honestly, for jazz, classical and Brazilian music, I've been able to find pretty much everything using Tidal. In sum, go for Tidal, IMHO.

I've never had a negative customer service experience with Qobuz yet.

And Roon integration doesn't matter for him given that he wants to use his Auralic.

That said probably nothing wrong with Tidal, you just don't get the discounted highres files.

Angelo, the fact that Qobuz isn't available in Italy is a potential issue though.

In the past Qobuz has been pretty open to admitting users from non Qobuz countries to sign on. Recently they seem to have become more restricted. I'd send their customer service an email to check.

+1 for Qobuz. If has a great classical and jazz selection especially. I think Tidal suits people more interested in rock & pop. They have different emphases.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I tried both. Indeed I had the same conclusion. Qobuz is better for classical. Tidal has a lot of gaps if your taste in music is not very mainstream.